Votes: 27 93.1%
  • Forbes

Votes: 2 6.9%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Junior middleweights Oscar De La Hoya (38-5, 30 KOs) and Steve Forbes (33-5, 9 KOs) showed why they were world champions as "The Golden Boy" won a twelve round unanimous decision over Forbes on Saturday night at the Home Depot Center Soccer Stadium in Carson, California. Both boxers boxed at an extremely high technical level, but Oscar was simply too fast, too strong, too skilled, just too "everything" in virtually every round as he compiled a 119-109, 119-109, 120-108 over the game, but outgunned Forbes. Next up for De La Hoya is a September rematch with Floyd Mayweather.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
what a retarded poll. It's like asking if it's normal to have two testicles. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree if you need a poll to this fight there is something wrong. "2 Pound" will last 2 rounds if he is lucky. This fight is a joke and if DLH is not careful the end of his carrer could look weak. After his fight with Mayweather is he planning on fighting Gomez. THIS FIGHT IS A JOKE. HBO should leave it up to VS. to televise this sub-par fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Oscar via 6th round tko. Forbes is a good fighter.........at lightweight. Oscar is going to hurt forbes bad if he can land a left hook.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I hope there is a good undercard fight, hatton vs malignaggi would be a good undercard fight.
I disagree. It would be a better fight so being an undercard kinda defeats the purpose

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I hope there is a good undercard fight, hatton vs malignaggi would be a good undercard fight.
looks like hatton is planning on fighting may 24. he started with 22 possible opponents who contacted his camp and now says he is down to 4. as far as the dlh forbes match-up, it's obvious oscar really doesn't want to jepordize his scheduled rematch with Mayweather by taking a fight he may actually have a shot at losing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, theres nothing wrong with oscar taking a tune up, he's fought some very tough fights over the yeras.
Yer but he wasn't exactly a power puncher at lightweight though was he. It will be like an intense spar this fight. DLH KO 6 (Left Hook)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think de lahoya is trying to make up for all his defeats so his record looks better at the end of his career.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Why even comment on this fight. Its simple if Oscar wins and looks good it'll give him the confidence to fight Mr. P4P even better this time around but if he loses or looks bad then that fight will be scrapped.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
He won't lose this fight. But he will lose in September against Mr. P4P.
You joining the band wagon on not using him name anymore :laugh:???
And he gonna win in September so they can have a 3rd fight.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Imo a focused well trained DLH has the biggest chance of winning PBF. Oh and if the fight happens at 154.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
There will be a 3rd fight between them.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I can almsot guarantee that Floyd/Oscar II will be at a catchweight of 150 or 151.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts