Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oscar Delahoya vs Winky Wright

Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas

Date - TBA

154 Pounds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
When Oscar loses to Winky, will he hire him? This is getting ridiculous. Oscar can only compete with the current elite, he can't win against them. This is as much about Oscar's legacy of fighting the best as it does about trying to catch Oscar's multi-million dollar purses.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
606 Posts
mtt_c said:
When Oscar loses to Winky, will he hire him? This is getting ridiculous. Oscar can only compete with the current elite, he can't win against them. This is as much about Oscar's legacy of fighting the best as it does about trying to catch Oscar's multi-million dollar purses.
Oscar already co-promotes with Winky Promotions. I really dont fancy this one. If Oscar is looking for great fights to be remembered I dont see him getting it out of Winky. What happened to droping to 147 :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
I don't think this fight is even in talks yet. Winky is just calling him out. Don't know how this can be in upcoming events?
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trust me, i have my source and this is the fight both want and can make both fightes alot of money in the making as well. This fight has been in the talks for along time knuckle. as of now, its not signed or anything but its looking very good at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
Oscar already co-promotes with Winky Promotions. I really dont fancy this one. If Oscar is looking for great fights to be remembered I dont see him getting it out of Winky. What happened to droping to 147 :dunno:
Winky has been more offensive as of late, but i see what you mean if your looking someone to have a 'fight to remember' with your first choice would not be Winky:laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Winky has been more offensive as of late, but i see what you mean if your looking someone to have a 'fight to remember' with your first choice would not be Winky:laugh:
very true
winky can be 2 defensive at times
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
606 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Winky has been more offensive as of late, but i see what you mean if your looking someone to have a 'fight to remember' with your first choice would not be Winky:laugh:
Plus boxers with super defence e.g Floyd, Whitaker have gave Oscar problems getting at them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
Nobody looks good against Winky, so Oscar taking this fight as one to remember seems stupid lol it made sense 3-4 years ago, but now it really doesnt.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if they can fight at 154, i thikn it'll be pretty exciting, because winky has a little pop at that weight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
606 Posts
Id love to go back to Vegas to watch Oscar again but im not sure if id convince many of my friends its worth all the money to see a fight with Winky. Oscar v Hatton would be perfect!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
63 Posts
Wow didn't know this one was in the works, hmmmm should be an interesting fight, they are both pretty old but would be exciting considering winky's more offensive style.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
winky was the one who wanted to fight with bhop, bhop just didnt want to. Winky has his mind set on offense now that he knows he's in the spotlight.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
poet682006 said:
I'd say pick 'em. Both are at an age where they could get old over night.

Poet
not to mension winky being tight at 154 these days, im very surprised this fight isnt at 160.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
606 Posts
TommyGunn said:
not to mension winky being tight at 154 these days, im very surprised this fight isnt at 160.
I really hope Oscar dont go to 160. Hopkins Ko'd him there and Felix Sturm also unofficially beat him there. 147 please!
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top