Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The closest person to Oscar De La Hoya, his beautiful wife, Millie stongly believes her husband will now retire after his latest fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. In fact her husband has told her this himself... not once, but twice. De La Hoya lost the fight to Mayweather by split decision, something that did not sit well with fans at MGM. Many fans screamed "B.S."after the verdict was read.

Quoted by T.J.Simmers of the LA Times, Millie confided after the fight Oscar's intentions to retire: "I have a feeling this
may be it for him," Millie added that Oscar told her he was retiring, saying: "I know this because he just told me."

It was not the first time Millie heard his comment on retirement. On the private jet ride earlier in the week, Oscar told Millie the same thing, this will be his last fight. At the time Millie scoffed at the comment, she did not believe him.

However She believes him now.

In regards to believing her husband will retire, Mille stated: "Yes, I do," She also spoke on Oscar's performance and why she feels he will be able to walk away from the game without any regrets: "He did his 'A' game and fought like a lion. He did what he needed to do and did what he needed to do to be satisfied with himself. Even though he didn't win, he won't have regrets."

© Copyright / All Rights reserved: Doghouse Boxing 1998-2007

Millie told me all of this last night:dunno: ;)

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
The closest person to Oscar De La Hoya, his beautiful wife, Millie stongly believes her husband will now retire after his latest fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. In fact her husband has told her this himself... not once, but twice. De La Hoya lost the fight to Mayweather by split decision, something that did not sit well with fans at MGM. Many fans screamed "B.S."after the verdict was read.

Quoted by T.J.Simmers of the LA Times, Millie confided after the fight Oscar's intentions to retire: "I have a feeling this
may be it for him," Millie added that Oscar told her he was retiring, saying: "I know this because he just told me."

It was not the first time Millie heard his comment on retirement. On the private jet ride earlier in the week, Oscar told Millie the same thing, this will be his last fight. At the time Millie scoffed at the comment, she did not believe him.

However She believes him now.

In regards to believing her husband will retire, Mille stated: "Yes, I do," She also spoke on Oscar's performance and why she feels he will be able to walk away from the game without any regrets: "He did his 'A' game and fought like a lion. He did what he needed to do and did what he needed to do to be satisfied with himself. Even though he didn't win, he won't have regrets."

© Copyright / All Rights reserved: Doghouse Boxing 1998-2007

Millie told me all of this last night:dunno: ;)
SURRREEE:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO. Do you think Oscar really will step away. For good? I could see him doing another megafight due to the fact that no matter who he fights it will be a megafight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
LMAO. Do you think Oscar really will step away. For good? I could see him doing another megafight due to the fact that no matter who he fights it will be a megafight.
His next fight will be against either

BF
Winky in 08'
Tito

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish he would not take a year between fights. He still has a lot left in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I wish he would not take a year between fights. He still has a lot left in my opinion.
I think hes gonna fight somethime in November or early Dec.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
mmmmmmmmm, milie.

*homer simpson drool*

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
The sooner the better.
Hopkins is going to beat Winky. I would like to see Oscar fight Winky in Nov or Dec.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I would like to see that as well.
Thats the fight Winky really wanted.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I think everyone wants that fight. Payday.
What about a BF vs Winky fight. Might not be a PPV fight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts