Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Oscar vs Cotto and Hopkins vs Pavlik in the works.

4K views 141 replies 23 participants last post by  ulster86 
Pavlik will bring the same pressure Calzaghe put on Popkins and actually land clean, hard punches, Pavlik late round KO. Cotto will stop De La Hoya in the late rounds or beat his ass up for 12 (if he gets through Margarito with a W). I'm open willinig to bet on these predictions.

That's what I'm thinking. Pavlik punches. He doesn't slap. The affect on an aging Hopkins will be huge
I watched Hopkins-Calzaghe again and saw that Calzaghe had him exhausted just off of pressure alone, he only landed like 3 or 4 clean straight lefts, and I think if it werent for him pretending to be hit with that low blow and getting that rest time JC would have had a great chance for the ko.

Thwere was no "pretending" Hopkins was caught by the heel of Calzaghes glove if you watch closely. It was a low blow, a foul,
Hopkins was entitled to take up to 5 mins to recover. Those are the rules like it or leave it
You cant be serious, it wasn't nearly enough to take 3 or 4 minutes off he clearly was exhausted and needed a rest. It's called a "veteran" tactic, he was starting to look like Mollo against Golota before that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.