Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, P4P who do you think is the fastest fighter of all time.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
In all honesty, out of every fighter i have ever seen, Roy jones jr, and thats not just biased talking. In some of his ameteur fights i have on video camera, you see him throwing 20 to 30 punch combos in less than 5 seconds

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tysonjones said:
In all honesty, out of every fighter i have ever seen, Roy jones jr, and thats not just biased talking. In some of his ameteur fights i have on video camera, you see him throwing 20 to 30 punch combos in less than 5 seconds

He popped into my mind too. Leonard was extremely fast with combo's in amatures too. Tyson had his moments for a heavyweight, but P4P, he is not a top 5 guy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree, leonard did have fast hands but i dont think they were as fast as jones's, tyson was fast , but for a heavyweight. Different ballpark though when you get into p4p, like you stated bill. The top 3 guys i think of are jones, leonard and robinson, hearns was pretty fast but didnt throw combos like the 3 above. Zab judah couldnt be included in this talk, along with mayweather ( although he doesnt throw many combo's ) pacman has fast hands, sugar shane definently deserves to be in this atlk. Thats all i can think of.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tysonjones said:
i agree, leonard did have fast hands but i dont think they were as fast as jones's, tyson was fast , but for a heavyweight. Different ballpark though when you get into p4p, like you stated bill. The top 3 guys i think of are jones, leonard and robinson, hearns was pretty fast but didnt throw combos like the 3 above. Zab judah couldnt be included in this talk, along with mayweather ( although he doesnt throw many combo's ) pacman has fast hands, sugar shane definently deserves to be in this atlk. Thats all i can think of.
Willie Pep had very fast hands. Unfortunately there isn't very much footage of him in his prime though. Its mainly from when he was older and post plane crash.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Young Oscar De La Hoya was also extrely fast and i think he should be included atleast when he was younger. So does youn Muhammad Ali he was very fast in his younger days. And ofc theres Oleg Maskaev and Shannon Briggs :D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
oscar was fast, but not blinding like rj and leonard. ali had the fastest hands of any heavyweight except maybe floyd patterson. fastest heavyweights hands would go to tyson, ali and patterson. But they are still dotn come close to rj.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
P4P fastest would go to a HW surely. If P4P best is for the smaller guys, then P4P fastest would favour the bigger guys. Nikoali Valuev:laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol i see where your coming from lad but p4p means " out of all the division, who is the best basically" so thats why i say rj. he is the fastest guy i have ever seen.

Calderon? yeah.........hes as fast as anthony peterson and lamont, but hes no fastest ever lol.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
thast weird that you say that shane because i think floyd may have just as good quickness and reflexes as roy jones but isnt near as fast

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Man I honestly gotta put Floyd on the back burner for this one. The more I think about it I have to give both to Jones. The guy was a freak of nature overall. I think both of them hit you without you seeing anything however. Man I am confused.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
this is how i see it. FLoyd is the fastest one or two punch thrower i have ever seen. Roy Jones is the fastest combo puncher i have ever seen. They both have lightning fast reflexes and countering abilities. They both have the ability to see punches. Both were extremely agile on their feet. It comes down to who has faster hands to me. Roy jones used his talent more so than floyd does i believe. He actually let his hands go , and usually in bunches, floyd is one two and out. Both fast, both quick. Just watched Floyd fight chavez, and i forget how amazing of an offensive fighter mayweather used to be. But he isnt as fast with his hands as roy jones. but hey, no one comes close. thers only a few people who even come close to floyd mayweathers speed.

When it comes down to it. They used what god gave to them. There will always be gusy out there with the same ability as these 2 but were never able to use it in the manner they did, and thats what makes them 2 of the GOAT's in their own rights.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree. Floyd is still a great offensive fighter, and like he said "I haven't even used my A game yet."

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
if floyd was as offensive minded as roy jones was, he would definenetly be up there with rj as the best ever in my mind and p4p best. against gatti, chavez, corarles, manfredo and burton, and a few other guys, floyd was a monster in there, his hands were so fast, he had so much power and used his defensive and hardly got hit, whiel at the same time countering beautifully. I remember when i was younger, rj really didnt peak until he was 30, he really didnt know what he was capable of and just started to get comfortable in there. I have the feeling this is floyds time. He is still climing that later, and im sure he will still be fresh at 35 if he chooses to keep fighting tha tlong.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree. His style will allow him to fight to 35 very comfortably. He is the youngest 30 year old guy alive!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
heck, im in my early early 20's and floyd looks alot younger than me. If floyd can fight until he is 50 and 0 and somehow win a middleweight title by then. he'll be in front of rj in my book. And it would definently weld his spot as one if not the GOAT, he still has some work though.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
:D Roy jones early days and ray leonard comes to mind. Ray robinson could put blinding combos together. BRUNO lol ???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts