Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
The Sports Network - Boxing

"The network's last PPV show -- the Pacquiao-Marquez rematch on March 15 -- logged some 525,000 buys, making it the highest-grossing bout in history at or below 135 pounds."

Awesome result:thumbsup:
Daaaaam Pac and JMM are the shiit. Boxing is alive and well guys.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
There should really be a 3rd match between them in the future. I doubt Pac-Man wants it though. For the first time in his career, he seems to be ducking.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A third fight could surpass them numbers, you know most of the 525k people who bought it are going to tune in again for a third, and more will tune in aswel. That may push for 700!

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
There should really be a 3rd match between them in the future. I doubt Pac-Man wants it though. For the first time in his career, he seems to be ducking.
LOL he wanted to chop Marquez' head off right after their 1st fight but JMM priced himself out, took a fight for 50k and lost his title. It took them 4 years to make a rematch happen and Pac wanna make history instead of waiting another 4 years. The 3rd fight will happen at 135 though.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I agree. But I don't think Pac takes the fight. He knows by all rights he should be 0-2 against Marquez.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
I agree. But I don't think Pac takes the fight. He knows by all rights he should be 0-2 against Marquez.
pac would be an idiot not to take a 3rd fight with marquez. he'd be even dumber than marquez was when he was bitching about parity, and ended up getting way less cash fighting john.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
pac would be an idiot not to take a 3rd fight with marquez. he'd be even dumber than marquez was when he was bitching about parity, and ended up getting way less cash fighting john.
Pac has a 6 million offer from Golden Boy to fight Marquez again but he ain't taking it. I doubt Pac can make more fighting David Diaz.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Pac has a 6 million offer from Golden Boy to fight Marquez again but he ain't taking it. I doubt Pac can make more fighting David Diaz.
If he moves up in weight though he will ultimatly make more than that with potensial fights against Hatton, pbf and Oscar.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
If he moves up in weight though he will ultimatly make more than that with potensial fights against Hatton, pbf and Oscar.
But David Diaz ain't one of them. And I don't care what kind of talk there is, Pac ain't fighting Oscar, Floyd or Hatton. That i promise you.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
But David Diaz ain't one of them. And I don't care what kind of talk there is, Pac ain't fighting Oscar, Floyd or Hatton. That i promise you.
I never said he was. He's a path to these big name fighters though. JMM and 130 is not.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He'll make 5 plus million fighting diaz. You ask why? because its a big fight on paper.
Exactly.

Plus the fact everyone will want to see if Pac can do it going up yet another weight class.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There's been talk of Pac fighting Floyd? When was that?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yep, your 100 percent right. And all the mad Marquez, barrera and morales fans will buy the fight to see if pac loses.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts