Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got Steven Luevano vs Mario Santiago, Tye Fields vs Monte Barrett and Humberto Soto vs Francisco Lorenzo.

This is one of the better undercards we've had this year.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Im looking forward to the HW fight.

Tye Fields is a beast.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Good to see Soto back in action

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
seems like top rank (if it is bob who is promoting) are doing some good undercards recently. well he does have 3 top fighters in pac, cotto and pavlik, and it doesn't stop him putting a good show.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems like top rank (if it is bob who is promoting) are doing some good undercards recently. well he does have 3 top fighters in pac, cotto and pavlik, and it doesn't stop him putting a good show.
The undercard for Cotto vs Margie is fairly poor im surprised at that because like you say top rank have been pretty good recently.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I haven't been the least bit impressed with Fields either, but I'm biased. I hate all things in the overweight division.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're joking, right? Tye Fields is the biggest waste of time ever to step foot into the heavyweight division.
I said he's a beast not Muhammad Ali. He's fun to watch and it will be interesting to see how he copes with this step up in class.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Who's doing the play by play for this? I'll do it if no-one else is. Undercard looks alright.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who's doing the play by play for this? I'll do it if no-one else is. Undercard looks alright.
I was planing on doing it but if you'd like to then im ok with it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I said he's a beast not Muhammad Ali. He's fun to watch and it will be interesting to see how he copes with this step up in class.
That's part of the problem. When Monte Barrett is your "step up" in class, you're pretty bad. Barrett is like Joe Frazier compared to the other guys Fields has faced. I can't stand watching that guy on the crappy Vs broadcasts.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's part of the problem. When Monte Barrett is your "step up" in class, you're pretty bad. Barrett is like Joe Frazier compared to the other guys Fields has faced. I can't stand watching that guy on the crappy Vs broadcasts.
Oh i whole heartdly agree that Tye has fought nothing but C fighters but i think he's exciting to watch in a butterbean kinda way.

Monte is "decent" in a weak division, Tye probably is looking at a shot if he gets passed him. Monte is a HW gatekeeper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts