Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Manny Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum have already had preliminary disucssions relating to a potential Pacquiao-Judah fight for 2009. "Manny Pacquiao put on a fabolous performance against Oscar De La Hoya last weekend. Like I told you, I was rooting for Pacquiao because I know he would fight me. He always looks for the best fights at 140 it gets no bigger than me and Pacquiao giving the fans what they want to see," said Judah. More to follow from Judah, Roy Jones Jr, John Wirt and the Bobfather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
keep it

I don't want to see zab fight all of 3 maybe 4 hard rounds and then gas out and blame the out come on everyone but zab. If it happens it should be on espn's friday night fights. I won't pay for it.

G

·
I'm one of the few Zab fans on this forum. I think he's going to thrive at 140. If his head and heart are into boxing 100%, I think he can beat anyone in the division. While Judah would not be in my top 3 favorite opponents for Pac, I wouldn't mind it.

This fight ain't going to happen though. Pac/Hatton is a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Judah is a risky fight. Pac will have to be very defensively minded the first 4 rounds or he very well may get KTFOed. Pac is no Joshua Clottey, Judah will land his shots.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I'm one of the few Zab fans on this forum. I think he's going to thrive at 140. If his head and heart are into boxing 100%, I think he can beat anyone in the division. While Judah would not be in my top 3 favorite opponents for Pac, I wouldn't mind it.

This fight ain't going to happen though. Pac/Hatton is a done deal as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think they will be again though.

G

·
I don't think they will be again though.
Probably not but a new weight class where he moves from an undersized welter to a strong light-welter could do the trick. I think he got discouraged fighting the top guys at 147. They were just too big and strong for him to handle. One thing is for sure, he'll fight anybody, and for that I give him credit.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Probably not but a new weight class where he moves from an undersized welter to a strong light-welter could do the trick. I think he got discouraged fighting the top guys at 147. They were just too big and strong for him to handle. One thing is for sure, he'll fight anybody, and for that I give him credit.
I give him credit, I just don't think he has the dedication at his point. I think one or two more big fights then he's done.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Pac wins this as long as he fights smart for the first 4-5 rounds before putting pressure on Judah. I give Zab a small puncher's chance but everytime Pac fights a southpaw his punches are more accurate and he doesn't jump in recklessly.
Do I wanna see this fight? Hell no Pac has much bigger fish to fry.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
It won't come off. I think Pacquiao will fight Hatton, the money is there. A fight with Judah doesn't put much $$$ in Pac's pocket.. a fight with Hatton or Mayweather will make Pacquiao a rich man for life.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
It won't come off. I think Pacquiao will fight Hatton, the money is there. A fight with Judah doesn't put much $$$ in Pac's pocket.. a fight with Hatton or Mayweather will make Pacquiao a rich man for life.
Judah could be a tune up fight to hype those other fights even more. Floyd used Judah to gain WW credibility. Cotto did the same, and Pac tried to get his with DLH but people have eyes and did not see Pac destroy credible opposition in the ring.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Judah could be a tune up fight to hype those other fights even more. Floyd used Judah to gain WW credibility. Cotto did the same, and Pac tried to get his with DLH but people have eyes and did not see Pac destroy credible opposition in the ring.
I suppose that's possible. A fight against Judah would be a lot closer then people would think if Judah is 100% committed, which I don't see him being.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
and Judah would get yet another big fight without doing anything meaningfull.

If this happens though, Pacquiao knocks him out, probably a stoppage in between round or a tko

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

Do you honestly believe Judah deserves to fight Manny?? I do not think Judah is mentally strong enough to be a fighter. He got legitimately KO'd by Kosta Tszyu then totally went ballistic attacking ref Jay Nady by throwing a stool at him then trying to choke him. Then he starts to get his ass handed to him by prima donna and loses it again by throwing a blatent low blow and a rabbit punch. When Roger protested he blindsides him with rabbit punches causing a riot. Yet STLL he gets big fights HOW??? The guy is not mentally stable enough in my opinion and should have his boxing licence revoked :cop:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

Yeah... You're one of the few Judah fans left. I can't back him since he looked so average in his under card fight on Slappy-Jones. Toney thinks he's too inconsistent.
Pac wins this as long as he fights smart for the first 4-5 rounds before putting pressure on Judah. I give Zab a small puncher's chance but everytime Pac fights a southpaw his punches are more accurate and he doesn't jump in recklessly.
Do I wanna see this fight? Hell no Pac has much bigger fish to fry.
True story

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
This is one of those rare moments where I gotta agree with C.J..

Stick with me guy you'll make it yet if you do :poke::laugh::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
people are so quick to forget that Pac beats bigger guys with speed, this deosn't exist against Zab Judah, If this does come off i'm going for the upset because Pacquaio will get smashed with the uppercut all night long, if Zab's still the same I would be pretty confident beause styles make fights Zab is just as quick and much harder punching

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Zab is quicker and stronger and would win the first 6 rounds based off power alone, maybe even knock Paq out by then, and he might win 1 or 2 in the middle after he takes a few rounds off the rest.

Judah will win this fight

1 - 20 of 120 Posts