Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a Filippino board, Pacman, who is deeply religious, said, that only God knows what the outcome will be on Dec. 6. "So just continue your prayers,' he said. "My hands are guided by the Holy Spirit, and I will do everything possible to give my fans and my country a win over De La Hoya."

his hands are guided by the Holy Spirit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
According to a Filippino board, Pacman, who is deeply religious, said, that only God knows what the outcome will be on Dec. 6. "So just continue your prayers,' he said. "My hands are guided by the Holy Spirit, and I will do everything possible to give my fans and my country a win over De La Hoya."

his hands are guided by the Holy Spirit.
good luck pacman! but as we all know anything can happen in boxing! win or lose you still the best!

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Why do some boxers flaunt their religious beliefs? Do they think people seriously care? Does pacman think God cares deeply about his boxing career?
:laugh: that's funny , but a lot of boxers do don't they? I suppose they don't see anything wrong with sharing it with the world, and there's really nothing wrong with it unless your an athiest and don't care for the stuff, but if you are than too bad cause they're gonna go right on doing it , as far as Paquiao goes he's gonna need all the help he can't get divine or other wise ,if he wants to come out that fight in one piece :laugh:

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Why do some boxers flaunt their religious beliefs? Do they think people seriously care? Does pacman think God cares deeply about his boxing career?
Well that's where your wrong. Pacman is a devout Christian and believes he has God given talents and that's boxing. He believes where he is all because of what God has given him, not man. I'm a religious person myself, although I'm not Christian.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
My wish is that God keeps Pac safe so that he does not get seriously hurt in the fight. That is my wish for every fighter in every fight.
BTW God is the best cornerman you could ever have :)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I refuse to make the same mistake twice and count out another A class boxer. But this time the A class boxer is facing a bigger A class boxer and I don't care how bad Oscar looked in his last fight.

His D is too leaky to pull of the perfect fight against Oscar, he'll be caught blindsidedly flush at least one time in this fight, when he does the fight will be all but over. Pacquiao could very well be ahead on scorecards, but he will be knocked out, Oscar is probably still one of the best finishers in the game.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I refuse to make the same mistake twice and count out another A class boxer. But this time the A class boxer is facing a bigger A class boxer and I don't care how bad Oscar looked in his last fight.

His D is too leaky to pull of the perfect fight against Oscar, he'll be caught blindsidedly flush at least one time in this fight, when he does the fight will be all but over. Pacquiao could very well be ahead on scorecards, but he will be knocked out, Oscar is probably still one of the best finishers in the game.
You sound like you're just as frustrated with yourself for picking Pavlik as I am. You know I feel you.

About Pacquiao-DLH I agree completely. Oscar IS going to stop Manny, and like you said, Pacquiao may very well be ahead on the cards.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
You sound like you're just as frustrated with yourself for picking Pavlik as I am. You know I feel you.

About Pacquiao-DLH I agree completely. Oscar IS going to stop Manny, and like you said, Pacquiao may very well be ahead on the cards.
Yea man, I thought Pavlik had that Margarito in him, where he would keep on coming and throwing punches no matter what. And I thought Hopkins stamina was such a huge mountain to overcome and such a glaring weakness that it would only get worse with time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yea man, I thought Pavlik had that Margarito in him, where he would keep on coming and throwing punches no matter what. And I thought Hopkins stamina was such a huge mountain to overcome and such a glaring weakness that it would only get worse with time.
You know I totally feel you on this one. I expected Hopkins to do well, and then gas like he did against Joe in the final 5 rounds. I knew in round one (hence my thread) that Pavlik was in WAY over his head. I just regret not going with my gut prior to the fight.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
It's honestly going to take an act of god for Pacman to beat De La Hoya. He's gonna need all the religion he can get.

Personally I boycott watching the fight, I'll download it only if Pacman wins. I keep all the fights De La Hoya lost or should have lost, with the Vargas fight being the only exception. Don't really care for any of the others to be honest...

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I just noticed, and I wondered if you did too, thatin your sig EVERY punch Joe Calzaghe throws is an inside of the glove slap. Most missed too that sums up the fight really

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Pac already won when he signed on the dotted line. Win or lose the battle against a man twice his size, Pac is still victorious.:cheeky4:
Not if he's carry out on a streacher covered up all the way....you know what I mean ?

If Pac is going to have any chance to beat Oscar, who better to help him than God!
I'm sure the lord will give him all the spiritual help he needs, but come fight night he's on his own and is gonna have to fight his ass off:laugh:

Hopefully he's not relying upon divine intervention come fight night.
that would probably be the only way for him to win, if a dark cloud followed DLH around the ring raining hard and shooting lighting bolts at him...:laugh:

If only Pacquiao could have Jesus as his cut man so he could heal those horrible gashes in his face and swells he'll be receiving during the de la hoya fight.
Well bro We all know damm well that Jesus is not gonna come down specially for him, so he better find him self the best plastic surgeons the philipines has to offer and hire them... and while Jesus may not come down here I'm sure he'll receive him with open arms at the pearly gates:laugh:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts