Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pacquiao-Soto in December?

WBC withholds recognition of Lorenzo

Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

Promoter Fernando Beltran says his fighter Humberto Soto is lined up to face WBC lightweight champion Manny Pacquiao in December. Although dominating Francisco Lorenzo in Saturday night's Pacquiao-Diaz co-featured bout, Soto was disqualified for hitting Lorenzo while he was on the deck after being knocked to his knees. Referee Joe Cortez' handling of the fight, the confusion after the end of the fight, and the final result have caused criticism and controversy. Soto has called Cortez a racist and claims Cortez allowed Lorenzo to hit him with illegal blows while "disqualifying a clean fighter like me. The Soto-Lorenzo fight was for the WBC interim 130lb belt, however despite the DQ the WBC has not recognized Lorenzo as champion. The sanctioning organization plans to review a tape of the fight before rendering a final decision. The Lorenzo camp says they'll go to court if Lorenzo is not awarded the title.

At first I had no ill will toward Lorenzo, thinking it wasn't his fault that Cortez and the Nevada State Athletic Control Board absolutely blew it, but with this news, I wish Soto would get the chance to knock Lorenzo's head off even though none of us want to see a rematch. If the guy and his camp had any decency whatsoever, they'd take the gift they were given and not whine about not getting more.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Definitely, Soto has serious quality.

Pac doesn't seem to interested in fighting lightweights:dunno:
revenge for beating uop his brother lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts