Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pacquiao vs Delahoya is now in the talks for oscar's december fight. Thoughts?

Delahoya should win this fight, however I dont think its out of the question of pacman winning. I'll be rooting for pacquiao.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I think the size difference is too much for Pacquiao. But, if he does win it elevates him to a whole new level. A win against Oscar at 150 pounds would put Pacquiao in the top ten ATG's. IMO

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Definitely be rooting for Pacman, but can't see him winning. Too big a step up IMO, not impossible but Oscar will have to much power for Pacman. I'll definitely buy the fight if it's on PPV though, will be one for the ages I say.

G

·
This is crazy stuff. I'll be wanting Pac to somehow outbox Oscar while brushing off his big shots. The fact that Manny is a southpaw and Oscar's most dangerous punch is his left hook doesn't help his situation. This is a ridiculous fight. I have Oscar by KO or clear UD.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
They're talking about it because Roach thinks Pacman can beat him. If they fought Oscar would be tagged but not enough to hurt him, Pacquiao's defense is good and has gotten better, but its inevitable Oscar landing a clean punch and hurting him. This is a win-win for Pacman and a lose-lose for Oscar

G

·
I don't know if it's a win-win situation for Pac. There are a lot of fights at 135 for him to take, he can also move up and fight Hatton but going up to 150 will take alot out of him when he goes back down. I think it's a rash move for him.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Pacquiao vs Delahoya is now in the talks for oscar's december fight. Thoughts?

Delahoya should win this fight, however I dont think its out of the question of pacman winning. I'll be rooting for pacquiao.
I think it is

Make it happen id love to see this fight.............what happened to tommy gunn is he banned???
Who?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I agree its a loose losse for Oscar and Pac man has nothing to really loose if he get's asked out we all will say he he too small and move back down if he happens to win great and elevates his name the same way guys have been doing it for years by taking on an older fighter that people still love to see fight. example(Spinks vs Ali)We all know Ali would have easily beat him in his prime but timing is everything. I will still pull for my boy Oscar to knock him out and avenge all of us latinos with one clean left hook!!!

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I agree its a loose losse for Oscar and Pac man has nothing to really loose if he get's asked out we all will say he he too small and move back down if he happens to win great and elevates his name the same way guys have been doing it for years by taking on an older fighter that people still love to see fight. example(Spinks vs Ali)We all know Ali would have easily beat him in his prime but timing is everything. I will still pull for my boy Oscar to knock him out and avenge all of us latinos with one clean left hook!!!
Not for his bank account it won't be

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Shame on Oscar for trying to fight a much smaller guy. I'll be rooting for Pac big time. Remember guys steve Forbes was supposed to get knocked out in 3 but look what happened. Oscar is way past it and I don't rule out a Pacquiao victory.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Shame on Oscar for trying to fight a much smaller guy. I'll be rooting for Pac big time. Remember guys steve Forbes was supposed to get knocked out in 3 but look what happened. Oscar is way past it and I don't rule out a Pacquiao victory.
I really can't blame Oscar. He wants a big fight that he is a lock to win for his last fight. Pacquiao is perfect. I don't blame Manny either. Money talks. Go Oscar. I'd love nothing more than to see Pacquiao get stopped in brutal fashion, and then lose for the 3rd time to Marquez.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Shane you SR. are correct. Pac man needs a taste of that canvas in a big way and if it takes Old D.L.H to do it so be it. after he will be damaged good and Marquez can finish the job.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
LMAO at the Pac haters. If Pac wins this Oscar will be boxing's laughing stock for getting beat by a former 108lber. I know I won't stop clowing him.

Word. I don't see how anybody can dislike Pac. The skill and class he shows in the ring is second to none.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.