Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fight is rumored to have only done 160K-175K buys. That is pathetic IMO.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I did my part and bought it even though I wasn't planning on doing so. Definitely not a ppv-worthy main event. The undercard was a pleasant surprise, though. Mosley/Mayorga shouldn't be on PPV. Maybe HBO will change their mind on that one.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
That should be a little consolation for PBF, I know this tread is not about him, sorry I could'nt help it..:laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So unless Mayweather actually has a fight coming up (in boxing, not MMA or WWE), no one should mention his name from here on out. Fair enough?
My God that is such a novel idea!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CJ
Hugo
Pipios

Those guys can't help it. They're all closet fans.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I predict it is too late. Pipios and CJ will leach on to this thread and turn it into yet another Mayweather thread. Until then let's talk about the PPV #s. I bought the PPV and it was a pleasant surprise.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I rhink this is proof that you ahve to have TWO good names to have a viable PPV buyrate. Hatton/Floyd did great. Oscar/Floyd did great. Cotto/Mosley did pretty well.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't need two names in some cases, but what you said is true most of the time.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
So unless Mayweather actually has a fight coming up (in boxing, not MMA or WWE), no one should mention his name from here on out. Fair enough?
What? you think that's gonna deter anybody, I say the aministration should star banning people for mentioning his name, then maybe :laugh:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
It's not that bad, you cant expect Manny to sell by himself, he was a 4/1 favorite over Diaz. It had no countdown so I doubt they expected more than 350+, if you see ppv buys for most other ppv you would see that this is average.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
well.. its rumored to have made those numbers.. I hope it did more.. and where's everybody who paid for the Pacquiao - Marquez fight?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It was never going to do that good. Come on, Pac has sold well when fighting Morales, MAB, JMM etc but not fighting the likes of Diaz.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts