Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Pacquiao vs. Hatton: Who Wins?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Too early to tell. Based on Hatton's last performance I lean towards Pacquiao, but then you have to factor in size and where the fight takes place.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Too early to tell. Based on Hatton's last performance I lean towards Pacquiao, but then you have to factor in size and where the fight takes place.
pac won't fight on the back foot. he is faster than hatton, but he is most effective in a rough and tumble fight. size wise i think pac is slightly shorter and far the smaller man. althoguh pac does seem to fight at a higher weight than expected. doesn't he come in at 140+ always?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Hatton always comes into the ring at 156lbs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I lean towards Pac as well

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Pacquiao by KO.. Hatton is bigger phisically but they're even in height, with that said I think pacquiao will have no problems landing on Hatton with better punches than Lazcano and Hatton might get hurt, and once Pacquiao is the most skilled of the two, I can see a TKO for the Pacman ..

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I voted for Hatton KO BTW. Don't think Pacquiao's power will carry to 140.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
wow I don't know right now. I wouldv'e said Hatton if ya asked me before his last fight but now i'm not too sure. I think I'll take Pac if the Htton that fought Lazcuno(sp?) shows up.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am in the same boat Italianbull If the same guys fights Pac man that fought Lazcano it would be an exciting fight. I am very concern that Hatton didn't take the left from Juan very well and although a much smaller guy Pac man has speed and could land that left with some consistancy could be a big problem for Ricky. I say stay away from Pacman.He needs Juan Diaz that would be a great fight!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
NFFC,

Pacquiao's power carrying to 140 isn't really much of an issue. Regardless of his opponent Hatton is going to lunge in wide open. Would you say Lazcano had power at 140? He wasn't a puncher at 135 dude. I went with Pacquiao by UD, but I wouldn't rule out a TKO late in the fight. Hatton could stop Manny as well.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
NFFC,

Pacquiao's power carrying to 140 isn't really much of an issue. Regardless of his opponent Hatton is going to lunge in wide open. Would you say Lazcano had power at 140? He wasn't a puncher at 135 dude. I went with Pacquiao by UD, but I wouldn't rule out a TKO late in the fight. Hatton could stop Manny as well.
i don't think hatton will take pacman lightly. lazcano aint no pacman. ricky will definately be told to work on his defence by oscar's team.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
i don't think hatton will take pacman lightly. lazcano aint no pacman. ricky will definately be told to work on his defence by oscar's team.
He's not going to all of a sudden learn to quit doing what he's been doing for the last few years though.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
He's not going to all of a sudden learn to quit doing what he's been doing for the last few years though.
that is true but the blueprint is there to beat hatton. he has always been open but definately pac's left hand will give hatton trouble. i think hatton did get someone new to help him in training for lazcano. anyway i feel a professional can learn a new trick a fight. if he can change his style for kosta then he can change once again i hope.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just think Hatton is to big (if pacman can carry the power at a bigger weight then i would want to see the fight)but as we all know its not just carrying the power when you go up in weight, it is more important to be able to carry the CHIN as well.

Badger

1 - 20 of 64 Posts