Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the FIRST of many threads to be made about this fight on Sunday. Let it be known that the first thread of its kind started here in good old Boxing Forum.

On topic, Pac beats Floyd with his superior combination of speed, power, and heart. Floyd may have speed, but he doesn't have much power, and he most definitely lacks the heart of a champ who will take on all comers. This will be the first time we will see someone hurting Floyd using his shoulder defense, as Pac would not want anything more than a stationary target. Floyd would not run at the start because he would look stupid running from a much smaller guy, thus enabling Pac to land his venomous power punches. Once Floyd realizes that he has to start running in the mid-rounds, Pac wouldve already invested so much on Floyd's body, and it wouldnt be a surprise if Pac finally KOs Floyd somewhere in the eleventh. I think Floyd is that kind of boxer who will look good until he's ready to go, surprising everyone. But he WILL go down against Pac. No question about it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thing is Pac's chin is so underrated as JMM who just KOd the unKOable Joel Casamayor never for one moment hurt Pac. He did catch Pac off-balance but that's just it. Pac had recieved lotsa JMM punches but was never fazed one bit. On the other hand JMM only needed to throw a two-punch combo to put Casa out, something Floyd would never have done even in his wildest dreams. Yet another reason why I think Pac KOs Floyd. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
dude, you are sretching

First to say Money has no power is laughable. He basically 1 shot Ko'd Hatton with a fading left hook. Money didnt even get his full body into the punch, it was more of an arm punch, and 1 shot KO'ed Hatton. Something i think Manny could not dream of doing.

Second, as far as speed, Zab Judah is arguably faster than manny, but lets call it even. Even is manny is as fast as Judah, Mayweather dismantled him. Took Money 3 rounds to get used to the speed, and then he embarrassed Judah. Keep in mind Judah is a Southpaw aswell, with probably the more power at 147 than Pac-man.

Third You are grossly over estimating Pac-mans power at 147. At 135 it was evident that he lost power. It took WAYYYYY to many flush shots to get David Diaz out of there. He was landing power shots at will, full force, unblocked, and it took Manny most of the fight till he got him out of there. If manny had landed those shots against anybody at 130, they would have been gone in 2 rounds. You can only assume that at 147, his power will but even less.

Mayweather is a defensive force that Manny has yet to encounter. I cant think of a slick, defensive minded boxer that Manny has faced. All his big wins have come against in your face, standing straight in front of you, fighters. Manny has fared well against those fighters because he has such a huge speed and power advantage at 130. But at 140-147 against Money May, he will both have a speed and power disadvantage. Think of B-Hop/Pavlik. Pavlik walked through opponents that stood in front of him because Pavlik has so much power. B-Hop added defense, movement, and matched Pavliks power, and that made Kelly look amateurish.

Mayweather Decision.

-Ian

·
Registered
772 Posts
dude, you are sretching

First to say Money has no power is laughable. He basically 1 shot Ko'd Hatton with a fading left hook. Money didnt even get his full body into the punch, it was more of an arm punch, and 1 shot KO'ed Hatton. Something i think Manny could not dream of doing.

Second, as far as speed, Zab Judah is arguably faster than manny, but lets call it even. Even is manny is as fast as Judah, Mayweather dismantled him. Took Money 3 rounds to get used to the speed, and then he embarrassed Judah. Keep in mind Judah is a Southpaw aswell, with probably the more power at 147 than Pac-man.

Third You are grossly over estimating Pac-mans power at 147. At 135 it was evident that he lost power. It took WAYYYYY to many flush shots to get David Diaz out of there. He was landing power shots at will, full force, unblocked, and it took Manny most of the fight till he got him out of there. If manny had landed those shots against anybody at 130, they would have been gone in 2 rounds. You can only assume that at 147, his power will but even less.

Mayweather is a defensive force that Manny has yet to encounter. I cant think of a slick, defensive minded boxer that Manny has faced. All his big wins have come against in your face, standing straight in front of you, fighters. Manny has fared well against those fighters because he has such a huge speed and power advantage at 130. But at 140-147 against Money May, he will both have a speed and power disadvantage. Think of B-Hop/Pavlik. Pavlik walked through opponents that stood in front of him because Pavlik has so much power. B-Hop added defense, movement, and matched Pavliks power, and that made Kelly look amateurish.

Mayweather Decision.

-Ian
great post.... at 147 mayweather wins a wide UD

at 130-135..... manny has more of a chance but mayweathers defense would take some battering before he opened up.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
This will be the FIRST of many threads to be made about this fight on Sunday. Let it be known that the first thread of its kind started here in good old Boxing Forum.

On topic, Pac beats Floyd with his superior combination of speed, power, and heart. Floyd may have speed, but he doesn't have much power, and he most definitely lacks the heart of a champ who will take on all comers. This will be the first time we will see someone hurting Floyd using his shoulder defense, as Pac would not want anything more than a stationary target. Floyd would not run at the start because he would look stupid running from a much smaller guy, thus enabling Pac to land his venomous power punches. Once Floyd realizes that he has to start running in the mid-rounds, Pac wouldve already invested so much on Floyd's body, and it wouldnt be a surprise if Pac finally KOs Floyd somewhere in the eleventh. I think Floyd is that kind of boxer who will look good until he's ready to go, surprising everyone. But he WILL go down against Pac. No question about it. :thumbsup:
Where do you come up with this stuff? You're stretching reality beyond belief. You really are blinded by your favoritism of Manny.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've gone for Pacquiao. If Forbes can go the distance then so can Manny.

I think Manny can stay out of trouble and he's not going to lay on the ropes and defend like Floyd.(He hasn't those skills).

Its speed of thought and movement and staying desciplined - thats what Manny has to do.

Oscars jab can win him the fight and if quick enough stop Manny moving in and out on him. Oscars size and strength should be enough.

But I think Manny an athlete in his prime can pull this off - its gonna be difficult and close rounds but I think Manny will get the split verdict after 12 rounds.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I've gone for Pacquiao. If Forbes can go the distance then so can Manny.

I think Manny can stay out of trouble and he's not going to lay on the ropes and defend like Floyd.(He hasn't those skills).

Its speed of thought and movement and staying desciplined - thats what Manny has to do.

Oscars jab can win him the fight and if quick enough stop Manny moving in and out on him. Oscars size and strength should be enough.

But I think Manny an athlete in his prime can pull this off - its gonna be difficult and close rounds but I think Manny will get the split verdict after 12 rounds.
Uhhh, we're talking about Pacman vs Mayweather...not Pacman vs DLH. :cop:

G

·
Thing is Pac's chin is so underrated as JMM who just KOd the unKOable Joel Casamayor never for one moment hurt Pac. He did catch Pac off-balance but that's just it. Pac had recieved lotsa JMM punches but was never fazed one bit. On the other hand JMM only needed to throw a two-punch combo to put Casa out, something Floyd would never have done even in his wildest dreams. Yet another reason why I think Pac KOs Floyd. :thumbsup:
:facepalm:

At 147, Mayweather destroys Pac, probably TKO. He's only is he bigger, stronger and more skilled, and to top it all off, Mayweather is just as fast as Pacquaio. The only thing that Pac has in his favor is his relentlessness but Mayweather will easily exploit that. This fight isn't close.

And for the record: I'm picking Pac to beat Oscar, so I got no axe to grind. Mayweather is just that good.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Mayweather would win a decision. Pac would get countered all night long, hed give FMW Jr. SOME problems but wouldnt change the outcome...

Get of Pacmans nuts already, acting like he the second coming of christ n ****.

·
Registered
661 Posts
This isn't even close. Mayweather dismantles him and, depending upon how conservatively he fights, should knock him out.

G

·
Mayweather TKO.

He's too good for Pacman, he's bigger and better and there was a reason he was ranked ahead of him P4P aswell.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Floyd by mid round stoppage. He got more power, more speed, better defense and better chin. This would be entertaining though because Pac's workrate will make Floyd work every minute of every round until the KO.

G

·
While I really don't care to see Manny vs. FMW because of how one-sided i believe the fight would be, it may be the only way to get FMW out of retirement, which I'm hoping will happen.
I'd much rather see Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight any of the top welters (Marg, Cotto, PW, Clottey) and have Manny fight Marquez rather than Pac fight Floyd.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dude, you are sretching

Mayweather Decision.

-Ian
LOL talk about being wronger than wrong. :facepalm:

The Hatton fight is not a good indication of Floyd's power, but of his elbows. The Baldomir fight, being a good indicator, shows that Floyd's power is lacking, as Baldomir took a million punches from Floyd yet never for one moment flinched. Had Baldomir gone a thousand rounds with Floyd, nothing would still happen. And this is a weak-fisted, plodding 12-loss journeyman were talking about here.

You're comparing Judah with Pacquiao? Wow, just wow. That speaks VOLUMES about the way you rate fighters, particularly Pacquiao. Hate much?

So JMM is not a slick, defensive-minded fighter? Didnt he just outslick the slickest of them all in Casa? LOL. Had the JMM-Casa fight not happen, you'd prolly say that Casa outslicks JMM for twelve rounds. Good thing it happened to shed light on some of the stubborn ignorance of PacHaters. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This isn't even close. Mayweather dismantles him and, depending upon how conservatively he fights, should knock him out.
Floyd couldn't even hurt a top 500,000 all-time guy in Baldo, and you're saying he KOs a top 50 all-timer Pacquiao? Epic fail. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 301 Posts