Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When school starts, my Mom is making me quit to concentrate of my grades 24/7 without any sports or anything since I am just starting high school. I want to know how I can make the most of my time left since for the past months I haven't been able to do much but spend time with my girlfriend, and boxing for about the past 7 months or so. Any help on this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
to keep up your knowledge at least on boxing , buy some boxing books, so maybe after u finish yo homework (lol) , u can read dat. if yo parents like wont let u do anything.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
When school starts, my Mom is making me quit to concentrate of my grades 24/7 without any sports or anything since I am just starting high school. I want to know how I can make the most of my time left since for the past months I haven't been able to do much but spend time with my girlfriend, and boxing for about the past 7 months or so. Any help on this?

On the first day of school have your rents talk to your counselor.
If your counselor is up to date he/she will help you stay in the sports.
Good grades and sports helps (young adults (kids) stay away from losers that.

1-smoke
2-cut school
3-are weak minded and join gangs
4-commit crimes for fun
5-do any type of drugs
The list is much longer but since I just offended 90% of the forum I didn't want to continue and offend the remaining 9 %.

·
Registered
212 Posts
On the first day of school have your rents talk to your counselor.
If your counselor is up to date he/she will help you stay in the sports.
Good grades and sports helps (young adults (kids) stay away from losers that.

1-smoke
2-cut school
3-are weak minded and join gangs
4-commit crimes for fun
5-do any type of drugs
The list is much longer but since I just offended 90% of the forum I didn't want to continue and offend the remaining 9 %.
actually most boxers dont do any of that stuff, so you probably didnt offend anyone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I wouldn't do any of those things, mindless street fights, gangs, smoking, drugs, pointless crimes. I know tons of people who do these things even in middle school, and to me they are all weak, stupid, and act like sheep. YouTube - p1n0ymiggz06 vs shadow_408 2 here is a video, showing 2 guys at my school when I went to middle school named Sonny and Miguel. Sonny often has an urge to fight people so he often challenges me though I always say no, Miguel is currently highly afraid of me cause some fat guy tried to beat me up in the hallways when I was going to the bathroom, and I flipped him(BJJ for a year ftw). Sonny and Miguel and a bunch of other kids claim to be as good as Manny Pacquiao just cause they are filipino and can beat up kids in the bathroom.

Note at :36 in the video, that's some guy smoking weed from my school.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
lol @ the retards. I'd **** all of them up lol. They act like animals.
Yeah, I have to deal with it everyday, usually I just use BJJ and judo moves on them really lightly. I keep fighting in the gym and for when some guy tries to really mess with me. Wouldn't want to get in trouble by using full strength, even if it is in self defence. But, what can I do after my parents make me quit? My parents aren't exactly easily persuaded, heh Asian parents... and the boxing gym is about 11 miles away so they often talk about gas prices.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
They aren't dedicated. They just wanna learn how to fight so they can use that on other people and bully them. But of course when you fight a dedicated boxer and all you do is smoke weed and act a fool then most likely you're gonna get fucked up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They aren't dedicated. They just wanna learn how to fight so they can use that on other people and bully them. But of course when you fight a dedicated boxer and all you do is smoke weed and act a fool then most likely you're gonna get fucked up
Hah, true, I tried to show Miguel the boxing drills I do at my gym for 3 hours one day. With the 2 mile run warmup and the 100 pushup and 100 squats and 200 situps. He got tired after about half a mile, so yeah, no dedication at all, they just think boxing is all power and no technique and it requires just a half hour work a day to be like Pacquiao, or Mayweather, or Cotto. Bullying kids doesn't exactly make you cool, however reverse pwning a bully seems pretty funny all the time, especially since it happens to me every week or so.

Anyways, I can't bike there, I get out of school at 2 and my folks drive me home at 2:15. I signed up for my gym at 4pm-7pm because that's when group roadwork starts for about 15 minutes. Even if I could bike for an hour if I had a bike, the 2 mile run and the usual drills are gonna kill me, not to mention the daily mitt punching, heavy bag, speed bag, jump rope, dips, and all I do.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
If it were me I would try to make a stand, but to me it doesnt sound like you care much to do that. You will have to do it some day because it sounds like your not getting much respect.

There would be 3 things that in your case I think would work.
1) Find a gym closer to home, you will be able to train and not have to count on your parents to take you, though you might not know anyone, it'll be a chance to make new friends.
2) Talk to a counsler or a trainer from your gym that can help persuade and explain to your parents that you won't let boxing interfere with school and will help you stay a healthy active kid.
3) If all else fails buy your own boxing equipment and train at home.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Err... the thing is, the last person to take a stand to my Dad was my Grandma, the thing is, the last time that happened, my Dad went to jail. He's really not afraid to, as he has had to many times. He's a very, angsty, angry, and violent man.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, talk to my counselor, I'll do that as soon as I meet him/her. Buying equipment is a no really, my family is tight on money, I've had to take up a small job once in awhile help cleaning the city just to get my handwraps, gloves, and a bag. My family isn't exactly rich. I've tried to get friends into it so I can share a ride with them so I don't have to burden my Mom, but after the first day, they always end up quitting just cause they are too tired, longest was probably a week, heh. Gym fee isn't a big deal either, my coach was very understanding of my situation and lowered my fees. And the next nearest boxing gym doesn't accept kids under 17 and charges tons of money($170 per month). The next gym that does accept kids is 14 miles away.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
For less than 200 dollars you can buy everything you would need: jump ropes go for $10, 15, 20, hand wraps less than $4, running is free. You can get a punching bag and double end bag for less than 150, you would just need a place to put them. In the Title boxing magazine they give a couple package deals where they'll send you all this together. You have 2 possible options, I think you can build on that and perhaps keep your training intact during school. Good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I live by this mega sports authority, sells a souble end bag hanger for speed bag, and heavy bag, 109 dollars, I have gloves, wraps, and all. I can still train but, competition goes down the drain heh. Amateur boxing is fun...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Well, talk to my counselor, I'll do that as soon as I meet him/her. Buying equipment is a no really, my family is tight on money, I've had to take up a small job once in awhile help cleaning the city just to get my handwraps, gloves, and a bag. My family isn't exactly rich. I've tried to get friends into it so I can share a ride with them so I don't have to burden my Mom, but after the first day, they always end up quitting just cause they are too tired, longest was probably a week, heh. Gym fee isn't a big deal either, my coach was very understanding of my situation and lowered my fees. And the next nearest boxing gym doesn't accept kids under 17 and charges tons of money($170 per month). The next gym that does accept kids is 14 miles away.
We have those bolded in common :thumbsup:

I don't really know what to say. Find a way if anything. If you can't then you're gonna have to either make your own place in your house or do drills that don't involve you punching the bag, mits and people lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ah good to hear, we have those in common, my coach only makes me pay some 10 dollars a month instead of the usual 50. My friend seem to have no heart for something they seem so excited for hah, but that's just what makes us boxers unique, and I'm sure many families of boxers aren't rich and are usually unable to support as much as they'd like to. I'll probably save up for the stand, it looks extremely stable from when I tried it. I just gotta burn some of that extra energy, compete, and really hit something solid y'know. Anyways, if I can't compete, the best I can do is try to save up some 200 dollars for the stand, a speed bag, and a decent heavy bag, and a set of bag gloves, instead of these amateur competition gloves.

Also, thanks for all the help on this guys. Really need it. If I do have to give it up for the moment, I'll keep training, and by the time I'll get my drivers liscense I'll probably be able to get myself there(in another year and a half) hah. I wish I could make the most of it even more, but sadly all the coaches went on some group vacation till next week, but oh well.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Lol well goodluck on that. When you said 10 dollars a month i was like whoa thats cheap. My trainer makes me pay 100 instead of 160. But then again i live in new york everythings expensive. Don't you just hate when you're just too young to get things like your license when you need it so bad. Hopefully everything goes well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts