Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pascal pulls out!

Monday, May 26 2008

The Jean Pascal-Fulgenicio Zuniga bout scheduled for June 6th has been scratched from the card according to Pascal's trainer Marc Ramsay. "Jean is off the card, he still feels some pain in his shoulder and I don't want to take any chance with that kind of opponent." Pascal originally injured the shoulder in October against Esteban Camou and has worn the effects in two bouts since, going the distance in a pair of wins. Promoter Yvon Michel who has former world title challenger Sebastien Demers stepping in on the ESPN broadcast card choose not to elaborate. "I made an agreement with his managers, he has a new manager and communications staff and they want us to wait till they're back before making any comments," said Michel of Pascal who was due back in Montreal yesterday after attending training camp in Phoenix. "They're trying to improve Jean's image a little bit," Michel said of Pascal who was caught on camera by ESPN in his last fight gesturing potential foe Edison Miranda with a cut-throat motion that currently receives automatic penalty in the National Football League. The Zuniga-Pascal fight is expected to be re-scheduled in July or August according to Pascal's trainer Ramsay.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea he needs to grow some nads he wanted miranda until he saw Banks go through the ropes
when he was ring side lol.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
He actually pulled out last week. I agree with Shane. I had hopes for him. But he went out like a biitch

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Exactly. He didn't want any part of Miranda. The knockout of Banks probably bruised him at least a little having that bird's eye view and all, so he could only imagine how is what going to feel when it was him taking the shot. Zuniga might not be world class, but he's tough and he's a puncher and Pascal would be well-advised to steer clear of anyone with power. Besides, French Canadians are cowards...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I was like "OK he's fighting a puncher at least"..
But now, I dont know it sounds like an excuse to me.. Anyways I hope it gets rescheduled

1 - 9 of 9 Posts