Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

What did you think of Williams' performance?

• He looked terrible...

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This fight showed nothing, but Paul Williams will absolutely CLOWN Margarito if they fight again. This is a perfect week for me. My two favorite active boxers are fighting. Williams just stopped Kolle in 1, and Mosley is going to stop Mayorga in 7.

Williams looked good. Kolle is not that bad of a fighter. There's a reason why the bookies didn't have the under (7.5) as a massive favorite. Williams only weighed 157 tonight. He'll get back to 147 with ease. This is the most avoided boxer on the planet.

A welterweight stopping a natural middleweight says something. Hate if you want, but you can't say SHEEEEIIITTTTTTT!!!!

G

·
This fight showed nothing, but Paul Williams will absolutely CLOWN Margarito if they fight again. This is a perfect week for me. My two favorite active boxers are fighting. Williams just stopped Kolle in 1, and Mosley is going to stop Mayorga in 7.

Williams looked good. Kolle is not that bad of a fighter. There's a reason why the bookies didn't have the under (7.5) as a massive favorite. Williams only weighed 157 tonight. He'll get back to 147 with ease. This is the most avoided boxer on the planet.

A welterweight stopping a natural middleweight says something
. Hate if you want, but you can't say SHEEEEIIITTTTTTT!!!!
It was a strong performance but Williams isn't a natural WW. Back to back first round knockouts isn't bad though.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Paul Williams will absolutely CLOWN Margarito if they fight again.
Why didnt he the first time, i scored it 115-113 PW, But Margarito was getting to him in that fight and in the last 2 rounds had him hurt, i dont think anyone is gonna be clowing if that fight happens

If it does ill go Margarito UD/MD, close but Margarito edging it

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a strong performance but Williams isn't a natural WW. Back to back first round knockouts isn't bad though.
Natural this natural that. Paul Williams CAN and WILL fight again at 147. He was only 157 at the weight in for tonight's fight. Paul Williams is a fukkin beast and is the most avoided boxer in the game just like they said after the fight. I'm taking all bets if Margarito ever mans up to fight him again.
Why didnt he the first time, i scored it 115-113 PW, But Margarito was getting to him in that fight and in the last 2 rounds had him hurt, i dont think anyone is gonna be clowing if that fight happens

Paul Williams is still getting better fight after fight. He's still young and will continue to improve. Margarito needs to fight him ASAP before he gets even better. Like I said, I'll take any bet that Williams beats Margarito AGAIN!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It was pretty impressive. But it was only Andy Kolle
A man who went 6 with andre ward, a natural 168 pounder....

A welterweight stopping a natural middleweight says something. Hate if you want, but you can't say SHEEEEIIITTTTTTT!!!!
Great post, I feel the same.

He walks around at around 163-165. He's a natural welterweight, he's a skinny kid. He's just the rare athlete that can fight at many weightclasses.

He did clown him......He's twice the fighter he was then as well. Margarito is the same fighter no matter what anyone says. It'll be a battle again but williams all the way baby.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Paul Williams is still getting better fight after fight. He's still young and will continue to improve. Margarito needs to fight him ASAP before he gets even better. Like I said, I'll take any bet that Williams beats Margarito AGAIN!
I wouldnt take that bet because im not 100% either way, i predicted a MD i dont bet on them

I just think If Margarito starts faster than he did in the first fight he can win enough rounds later on to claw a victory, Although i think Margarito wants nothing to do with that fight because if he lost it would be back to square one

G

·
Natural this natural that. Paul Williams CAN and WILL fight again at 147. He was only 157 at the weight in for tonight's fight. Paul Williams is a fukkin beast and is the most avoided boxer in the game just like they said after the fight. I'm taking all bets if Margarito ever mans up to fight him again.

I'll give PW his credit for tonight but Margarito is going to send him crashing back down to reality. ;)

He walks around at around 163-165. He's a natural welterweight, he's a skinny kid. He's just the rare athlete that can fight at many weightclasses.
I don't think he's a natural WW. He's just walking around at that weight so he doesn't struggle to make 147. I think he's more suited to 160 but he could even go to 168-175 eventually.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'll give PW his credit for tonight but Margarito is going to send him crashing back down to reality. ;)

I don't think he's a natural WW. He's just walking around at that weight so he doesn't struggle to make 147. I think he's more suited to 160 but he could even go to 168-175 eventually.
Natural middleweights cannot make 147. Paul williams is a welterweight. Natural or not. He was smaller than 147 when he started as a pro I believe. Margarito ain't going to do ***** to wiliams.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I'm not a Ward fan at all. I think he's overrated. Kolle going the distance with him speaks more about Ward than it does about Kolle.

Either way, Williams was very impressive tonight. He did what he was suppose to against an inferior opponent. Take them out. And take them out early.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Great post, I feel the same.

He did clown him......He's twice the fighter he was then as well. Margarito is the same fighter no matter what anyone says. It'll be a battle again but williams all the way baby.
Hell yeah homeboy. Paul Williams is the best welterweight. I've said that for months. Tonight just made me even more confident that he will beat Margarito in a rematch.
I wouldnt take that bet because im not 100% either way, i predicted a MD i dont bet on them

I just think If Margarito starts faster than he did in the first fight he can win enough rounds later on to claw a victory, Although i think Margarito wants nothing to do with that fight because if he lost it would be back to square one
Exactly. He wants NONE of Paul Williams. I don't blame him. He's in a position to bankroll, so I expect him to chase money fights. That's what I would do.

Do you think Paul Williams has improved since his first fight with Margarito?

G

·
Natural middleweights cannot make 147. Paul williams is a welterweight. Natural or not. He was smaller than 147 when he started as a pro I believe. Margarito ain't going to do ***** to wiliams.
He started at 156, it said in the commentary. If he can make 147 then that's his choice and his career, I've no problems with that. I'm just saying he's more naturally suited around 160.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'm not a Ward fan at all. I think he's overrated. Kolle going the distance with him speaks more about Ward than it does about Kolle.

Either way, Williams was very impressive tonight. He did what he was suppose to against an inferior opponent. Take them out. And take them out early.
Wards improving as well. Whats your beef with him VD. I have some pretty high hopes for the guy. I wouldnt mind seeing him vs williams in the future at 160.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He started at 156, it said in the commentary. If he can make 147 then that's his choice and his career, I've no problems with that. I'm just saying he's more naturally suited around 160.
No doubt he probabley feels more comfortable there, but hell if he can make it, he can make it. Margarito is more of a natural 154 pounder imo but he reeks the advantage at 147 as well.

G

·
Do you think Paul Williams has improved since his first fight with Margarito?
Sounds like a loaded question! Yes, I think he definitely has. I think the Quintana defeat gave him a good kick up the ass and he's a more focused fighter. But I also think Margarito had a bad first half of the fight against Williams so I see this as a pick'em fight the way things are.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts