Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Looks like he cant make 147 anymore. If he can i just dont see the point in moving up when he has huge paydays waiting for him at 147.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Looks like he cant make 147 anymore. If he can i just dont see the point in moving up when he has huge paydays waiting for him at 147.
The fight in November will probably be his second to last at welterweight. He gets dried out to the max to make 147 and after Margarito beats him he won't have any welter that'll want to fight him.

By skipping 154, he doesn't even want to try to look like he fights for the love of boxing and legacy. I think he could make that weight and clean up that division, but since there's less money there he's gonna skip that.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Dude wants to fight at 160 and then move back down to 147 a few months later? If he moves down to welterweight and fights Margarito he's gonna get seriously hurt by bodyshots.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I remember Kolle. Andre Ward beat his ass like in his 8th fight. This will be an easy stay busy fight for Williams. And it will also allow him to test the waters at 160

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Williams by easy UD

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
After that "one bad night" P-Will had against Quintana, he'll be suspect to having another one for a pretty good while. He can be terribly impressive, but I wonder about his mental make-up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts