Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paulie looked like ****. Im still pissed about it. easily my favorite 140 lbs fighter... well until his fight with Herman. He's jab was inconsistent, and he wasn't slipping right hands at all.

oh and How did Herman hurt him (he wobbled in the 7th) but Cotto never wobbled him.

*******, until Saturday night i felt he had a good shot with Hatton, but with that last performance... he'd probably lose to Vic Darchinian, even with the 28 pound advantage.

-melty

·
Registered
707 Posts
Don't get so down on the guy he showed heart and stayed with the plan. He did look bad and in my eyes looks like a guy that is damaged probably from the Cotto fight.We all have see it before Medrick Taylor vs Chavez fight. Taylor was never the same after that fight. the beating was not as bad but it was a battle. Also Herman has a style that is very akward and can make a guy look bad. similar to Clottey.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Paulie looked like ****. Im still pissed about it. easily my favorite 140 lbs fighter... well until his fight with Herman. He's jab was inconsistent, and he wasn't slipping right hands at all.

oh and How did Herman hurt him (he wobbled in the 7th) but Cotto never wobbled him.

*******, until Saturday night i felt he had a good shot with Hatton, but with that last performance... he'd probably lose to Vic Darchinian, even with the 28 pound advantage.

-melty
nice rant melty. :D

i just watched the fight again last night and im starting to think herman is a better fighter than he's giving credit for, the 2 fights he's lost have been very disputed.

after the castillo fight everyone wrote castillo off as a washed up fighter,,,not giving herman any credit.

after the malignaggi fight everyone is writing paulie off saying he was never that good or had an off night.

it looks to me like herman is a massive 140 guy who has a lot of power and aplies good steady pressure, he can box a bit to.

maybe, just maybe paulies beat a a very good fighter who's going to be a good future champion. :dunno:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I will be the first one here to stick my neck out and say that Herman does not have what it takes to be a champion and certanly not for long if he ever gets there.This was his coming out party and Paulie looked very beatable Herman needed to do more and he didn't put it in the bag.Herman reminds me of Ike Quartay,Oba Carr,Cop-chop and a few others good fighters totally unable to take the next step and elevate his game when needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
he has quick hands but no power, so if he's losing by a large amount of points until the later rounds there is no way back for him.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
yeah ngoudjo's more of a "gatekeeper" type. i think paulie just had a bad night personally. he's been frustrated not being able to secure big fights, and i think it affecting him mentally.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Ngoujou is just a very awkward person to fight, hes very physically strong and hard to beat. Much like Juan Urango IMO, maybe a bit better/worse iv only seen two fights of each fighter.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Styles make fights. He may have not looked good in this fight but against Hatton he might be able to fustrate and use his speed. But I still say that Hatton will win but I think it'll be competitive.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Styles make fights. He may have not looked good in this fight but against Hatton he might be able to fustrate and use his speed. But I still say that Hatton will win but I think it'll be competitive.
welcome back ron.

i agree, hatton would win. ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
The end result of Paulie M will be an ugly K.O to a guy with big power. How about Paulie vs Oscar that's a fight that would bring good numbers and Oscar can go out on top.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The end result of Paulie M will be an ugly K.O to a guy with big power. How about Paulie vs Oscar that's a fight that would bring good numbers and Oscar can go out on top.

i remember paulie mouthing off about JCC jr last year,,,,young chavez should be licking his chops for a fight with paulie now.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
welcome back ron.

i agree, hatton would win. ;)
Thanks Tommy. I didnt think anyone noticed I wasnt here lol. The count down to my son being born has started. He might be here by the end of the week.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Thanks Tommy. I didnt think anyone noticed I wasnt here lol. The count down to my son being born has started. He might be here by the end of the week.
congrats, man! you must be stoked about having a boy! i know i was even though i couldn't stand his mother!:laugh:

·
Registered
707 Posts
You see last year I said Chavez jr was a good match for Paulie and a bunch of people here could talk enough smack!! Little Chavez will do big things here in the next few years.I really think he can handle Cintron right now. and end up against Cotto in middle to late 2009 huge fight cinco de Mayo in El Paso Tx.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
congrats, man! you must be stoked about having a boy! i know i was!:thumbsup:
All im gonna say is that if it was a girl I would be lossing my damn mind LMAO.:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i dont miss a trick bro! :laugh:

good luck with everything mate, anything decided on the name yet?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
i dont miss a trick bro! :laugh:

good luck with everything mate, anything decided on the name yet?
Thanks Tommy. And it looks like its gonna be Rehemiah Aarief and everyone will call him Aarief

1 - 20 of 94 Posts