Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Paulie Malignaggi VS. Lovemore N'Dou

3K views 73 replies 13 participants last post by  RingDocter 
#1 ·
They are trying to finalize this fight for the Hatton / Lazcano undercard. I guess if everything goes to plan we will see Hatton VS. Malignaggi by the end of the year.

#7 ·
There shouldn't even be a rematch. The first fight was lopsided. But a rematch clause is a rematch clause.

#9 ·
N'Dou had a rematch clause. I don't think paulie really had much of a choice

#17 ·
I didn't say the guy's a ***, allthoug the time he spends on fixing his hair might lead somebody to some funny conclusions, but yeah if in fact he is a partier that's bad news, in this game you need every edge and if he doesn't think so he's in for a rude awakening

#25 ·
But It Shouldnt Happen As Frequently As It Does. It Seems All Of Mcgirts Fighters Face Defeat In Big Fights. The Question Raised Is, Is He Offering Enough In The Gym Or Is He Just Incapable Of Taking You To That Next Level. In His Last 5 Big Fights He's 1-4 The Lone Victory Coming From Vernon Forrest Over Carlos Baldomir.

#22 ·
I think the end story with Paulie is his best performance will have been in a loss against Cotto. He gave his heart in that fight and I believe it's the best he had to offer.

#26 ·
A trainer can't fight for ya. He can get you well prepared, he can tell you instructions. But in the end, its man vs man. One on One. The better man will win. No trainer can act as good. Nacho beristan is one of the greatest trainers with some of the greatest fights, yet his 2 star prospects just llost 2 back to back. Is that his fault. Hell no.

#27 ·
I Luv How You Tried To Quote Mayweather, Do You Ever Do Anything Original? But I Never Said The Trainer Could Fight For You, Maybe He's Not Getting Them Well Prepared, Maybe His Instructions Arent Getting Through, Who Knows What It Is. That Doesnt Stop Him From Being 1-4 In His Last 5 Big Fights Thats A Disgrace.

#32 ·
All a trainer can do is prepare a fighter to the best of his abilities,and most of the time it's not enough, for what ever the reasons, and there can be a million of them, sometimes all the knowledge and preparation in the world simply don't guarantee a win against any opponent .

#44 ·
When He Wears Him He Intends To Be Offensive. Against Judah He Planned To Go To The Body Alot, So He Wanted To Have Max. Protection. Against Corley He Wanted To Prove He Could Fight At 140 With Power, Knowing He Would Throw Alot He Wore Winnings. He Knew Baldy And Ndou Could Take A Solid Shot And He Would Have to Throw To Fend Them Off at Times, He Wore Grants For Baldy Winnings For Ndou. With Mitchell He Said He Rushed The KO, And In The Fight He Sported Winnings. In One Of His Most Offensive Fights Agaisnt Chavez He Wore Red Winnings. In The Ten Fights He's Worn Them, He's Thrown An Average Of 395 Punches, In An Average Of 9 Rounds Per Fight.

#43 ·
On floyds terms he'll most likely wear Grants from now on. Of oscar's terms. He'll wear Reyes. The only difference between grants and reyes are that grants have more hand protection but are really the same as the punchers glove reyes. Grants are the new improved Reyes basically. I personally prefer reyes, They fit my hand better and I can make a better fist.

#46 ·
I Said He Planned To Go To The Body Alot, Not Soley Aim For The Body, Meaning He Planned On Throwing Alot Of Shots. But Now Your The One Thats Reaching, Becuz I've Never Heard Of A Fighter With Mayweathers Speed And Accuracy Plan On JUST Throwing Body Shots All Night. But After Two Solid Rights To The Body He Hurt His Right Hand Against Judah's Head, So Its Clear That Weither Its Punching The Body Or Punching The Head It Still Wears Down The Fist.

#47 ·
Your the one that said it p4p. Even if mayweather planned on going to the body alot. You would want to wear the most effective glove. Which would be grants or reyes because they are smaller in size and are more effective. Body shots dont hurt your hands at all. Unless you land wrong, Theres a greater chance of you landing wrong with a biggger sized glove ( winning ). Not reaching one bit. Just common knowledge.

If you want to place a good body shot, you need small, hard gloves. Winnings are big and padded. Good for a ton of heady shots, bad for body shots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.