Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everybody on this forum thought of Paulie. I personally like him a lot. His last 2 outings have been horrible (to be fair, he broke his right hand in the 4th of his last fight) but i feel he has a VERY good chance of beating Hatton. further Id put money on him hurting Hatton at some point in the fight (though i don't think he can/will Knock Hatton out)

So what do you guys think?

I found an interesting Documentary about him on you tube. check it out:

YouTube - Malignaggi Doc part 1

thats part one of 9. Just watch them all in order.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Has alot of talent but if he doesnt fight better than in his last two fights hes gonna get pummeled by Hatton, but if he comes heatly and well more like himself i can see him causing Hatton some serious problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If Hatton is on top form, I expect him to stop Paulie around the 7th round. Paulie has not looked good in his last two fights.

Even a sluggish Hatton, I would predict to take a close fight on points.
I think Ricky is too strong for him, I know Paulie will try to move around the ring, scoring points.
Ricky will cut him off, and punish him, on the way to stopping Paulie.
I see a painful night for Paulie.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't stand the prick. He's almost as bad as Junior Twitter. Everything about Paulie I hate. He ain't here to box, he here to show his stupid haircuts off. I really hope Hatton smashes him. If Paulie wins I really will not be able to listen to all that shiit that he'll come out with afterwards. He says he's number 1 now and ain't even beat the number 1. So fukk knows what he'll come out with if he wins. Just a loud-mouth twatt IMO.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I can't stand the prick. He's almost as bad as Junior Twitter. Everything about Paulie I hate. He ain't here to box, he here to show his stupid haircuts off. I really hope Hatton smashes him. If Paulie wins I really will not be able to listen to all that **** that he'll come out with afterwards. He says he's number 1 now and ain't even beat the number 1. So fukk knows what he'll come out with if he wins. Just a loud-mouth twatt IMO.
Haha I don't like him, but I don't hate him. His attitude is annoying though.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Malignaggi is a good fighter. Hatton would be in for a long night if the Paulie from Cotto/Ndou (first fight) showed up. His last 2 performances have been pretty bad, he needs to up his game alot against Ricky.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think Hatton will beat him.

Hatton's pressure is very intense, his feet is fast and he reaches his opponent real fast. Of course, Floyd Mayweather made him pay a big price for it. But Floyd is great with single shots, like left hooks and lead right hands when the opponenet is comming in. Paulie will throw a jab at best in thses moments. Also, Paulie doesnt have the power to make Hatton pay for it.
Hatton will corner him, and maul him throughtout the fight. Paulie just doesnt have the style or the power to deal with.

G

·
Malignaggi is a good fighter. Hatton would be in for a long night if the Paulie from Cotto/Ndou (first fight) showed up. His last 2 performances have been pretty bad, he needs to up his game alot against Ricky.
I think if the Malignaggi turns up from either of those two fights you mentioned, he'll beat this version of Hatton. If Cotto didn't stop Malignaggi then I severely doubt Hatton will. He was getting hit with vicious bodyshots against Cotto and took them well. So I doubt Hatton can finish him the way he did Castillo. Hatton's lifestyle is catching up with him fast, but luckily for him Paulie's in poor form too. Saying that, N'goudjo isn't a bad fighter and he broke his hand early against N'Dou. The more I think about this the closer I see it.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Has alot of talent but if he doesnt fight better than in his last two fights hes gonna get pummeled by Hatton, but if he comes heatly and well more like himself i can see him causing Hatton some serious problems.
I agree he needs to get really serious, another sloppy performance and it will all go down hill for him. I give him a slim chance, it all depends what Hatton shows up....

I dont like him either, he is tough though, and i think he will dominate Hatton
He seems to be mellowing up a bit, maybe the embarrasment of the braids incident got him to re-acess his personality, he can be allright if he stops showboating so dammmuch....

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Pauli is very cocky. At the hall of fame weekend he said he would "bodyslam" Hatton if he had to, and he just kept bragging. I can't speak for all of the people that were in the crowd, but it was getting old for me. It's one thing to be confident, but another to be way too cocky.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
To me this fight is a layup for Hatton. I think the odds are way too close, and I think many of you are giving Malignaggi a little too much credit. There's a chance that I'm way off with my prediction, but I really can't see any way that Hatton loses this fight.

G

·
To me this fight is a layup for Hatton. I think the odds are way too close, and I think many of you are giving Malignaggi a little too much credit. There's a chance that I'm way off with my prediction, but I really can't see any way that Hatton loses this fight.
Watch the Cotto fight again. Even in the round Cotto knocked him down he came back strong. If Cotto couldn't hurt him Ricky has no chance of hurting him. Ricky will apply alot more pressure than Cotto but I see this one being close.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
read the sig :laugh:

I'll give Malignaggi the win by decision. Malignaggi is a great boxer, Ricky is a great brawler, unlike my prediction on Margarito and Cotto outcome, I give it to the boxer this time around.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
If the Malignaggi of the last couple of fights turns up, Hatton will almost definitely win. If the Malignaggi who fought Cotto turns up, I think Hatton will have big problems with him.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I don't like him at all. He's all style, no substance. The guy doesn't make for exciting fights, save for the time he got the hell beaten out of him by Cotto, but that was so incredibly one-sided. All he does is jab, because he's always breaking his hand. Even if I was a fan of his before, there's no way I could ever back him after the stunt he pulled against Ndou with the extensions. Both he and Hatton looked so bad in their respective fights in Manchester.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts