Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who Will Win the Pavlik-Abraham Fight?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
G

·
I think Pavlik will be too much for Abraham so I have him by KO or UD. Should be a really good fight.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think Pavlik will win, I was shocked on how short his reach was. For him to be affective against Pavlik, he'll have to fight on the inside which won't be pretty for Abraham.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Im going out on a limb here and picking AA to beat Kelly. I think Kelly will be hitting a lot of glove and get countered a lot.

·
Registered
424 Posts
hmmm, i think Pavlik outworks AA. I had Miranda winning the first 3 rounds against AA, just becuase AA fights in spurts. Spurts that are few and few between. I think Pavlik outworks AA when AA covers up. and if AA decides to counter, he will get much much harder then his been hit before.

Pavlik wins UD

-Ian

G

·
Abraham will need to up the workrate considerably to keep up with Kelly. That'll leave himself more open to counters so I wouldn't be surprised to see a late Kelly TKO.

For now I'm going with Pavlik by UD.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i feel there are 3 results.

pavlik by ko in the late rounds. he will carry on hitting aa until he gets through. well he aint been in many 12 rounders so i can only assume on his taylor 2 performance, he will be able to do it. i am only a lil suspect since he was at 166 and not 160.

pavlik by ud because he is no miranda. he is a a level fighter and will punch a lot. he doesn't show much of his chin etc and may just pick his punches when aa covers up.

abraham by a ko. pavlik has been dropped by taylor, and i feel he can be dropped by aa. it will be hard since aa is a lot smaller and taylor is a lot bigger than aa.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Abraham should find out before the fight what the warranty is on that new jaw of his cause I got a feeling Pavlik is gonna test it out. Pavlik KO in mid rounds.
many fighters get broken jaws. i mean malligani and nigel benn had their chins broken. they still fought on in their careers.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

pavlik by ko in the late rounds. he will carry on hitting aa until he gets through. well he aint been in many 12 rounders so i can only assume on his taylor 2 performance, he will be able to do it. i am only a lil suspect since he was at 166 and not 160.

pavlik by ud because he is no miranda. he is a a level fighter and will punch a lot. he doesn't show much of his chin etc and may just pick his punches when aa covers up.

abraham by a ko. pavlik has been dropped by taylor, and i feel he can be dropped by aa. it will be hard since aa is a lot smaller and taylor is a lot bigger than aa.
That only happened because Pavlik stuck his chin up at Taylor. Pavlik has a pretty good chin. He took a few bombs from Miranda. I can't see Pavlik getting dropped by a punch that he sees.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Yeah one guy winning, the other guy winning or a draw :laugh:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.