Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who Will Win the Pavlik-Abraham Fight?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
vs

Now that Abraham got Miranda, what do you think is going to happen if this fight goes down?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Pavlik wins in a great fight. If he winky's it all night, it'll be a boring fight with pavlik winning a UD in the end. If AA is offensive, he'll get ko'ed.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Yea I just don't see the shorter Abraham staying in the path of all those straight punches all night and trying to throw punches back...I just can't see it. Pav by large UD

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I think Pavlik will win, I was shocked on how short his reach was. For him to be affective against Pavlik, he'll have to fight on the inside which won't be pretty for Abraham.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Im going out on a limb here and picking AA to beat Kelly. I think Kelly will be hitting a lot of glove and get countered a lot.

·
Registered
424 Posts
hmmm, i think Pavlik outworks AA. I had Miranda winning the first 3 rounds against AA, just becuase AA fights in spurts. Spurts that are few and few between. I think Pavlik outworks AA when AA covers up. and if AA decides to counter, he will get much much harder then his been hit before.

Pavlik wins UD

-Ian

G

·
Abraham will need to up the workrate considerably to keep up with Kelly. That'll leave himself more open to counters so I wouldn't be surprised to see a late Kelly TKO.

For now I'm going with Pavlik by UD.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Abraham should find out before the fight what the warranty is on that new jaw of his cause I got a feeling Pavlik is gonna test it out. Pavlik KO in mid rounds.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i feel there are 3 results.

pavlik by ko in the late rounds. he will carry on hitting aa until he gets through. well he aint been in many 12 rounders so i can only assume on his taylor 2 performance, he will be able to do it. i am only a lil suspect since he was at 166 and not 160.

pavlik by ud because he is no miranda. he is a a level fighter and will punch a lot. he doesn't show much of his chin etc and may just pick his punches when aa covers up.

abraham by a ko. pavlik has been dropped by taylor, and i feel he can be dropped by aa. it will be hard since aa is a lot smaller and taylor is a lot bigger than aa.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Abraham should find out before the fight what the warranty is on that new jaw of his cause I got a feeling Pavlik is gonna test it out. Pavlik KO in mid rounds.
many fighters get broken jaws. i mean malligani and nigel benn had their chins broken. they still fought on in their careers.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I don't think Abraham gets stopped because he has a good defense, a solid chin and alot of heart. I don't see him winning though either, id say Pavlik by clear UD.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

pavlik by ko in the late rounds. he will carry on hitting aa until he gets through. well he aint been in many 12 rounders so i can only assume on his taylor 2 performance, he will be able to do it. i am only a lil suspect since he was at 166 and not 160.

pavlik by ud because he is no miranda. he is a a level fighter and will punch a lot. he doesn't show much of his chin etc and may just pick his punches when aa covers up.

abraham by a ko. pavlik has been dropped by taylor, and i feel he can be dropped by aa. it will be hard since aa is a lot smaller and taylor is a lot bigger than aa.
That only happened because Pavlik stuck his chin up at Taylor. Pavlik has a pretty good chin. He took a few bombs from Miranda. I can't see Pavlik getting dropped by a punch that he sees.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Yeah one guy winning, the other guy winning or a draw :laugh:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts