Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That was a great article Henry. Pavlik will put Duddy down mid-fight in my opinion. The guy is just so relentless and has power for days. I wish it was someone other than Duddy though. Duddy bores me.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
This fight is pointless

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that is going to be a great fight actually as someone is pretty sure to get knocked out. I am suprised the rematch with Taylor isnt taking place right away though. I think Taylor would win a rematch, but hey, I am all for letting Pavlik get a defense under his belt, then maybe having a shot to unify the belt before Taylor comes right back after him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
duddys tough but this fights comming to early in his career, i'll be rooting for duddy because he's from my grandfathers hometown but i dont see him winning.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Can someone tell me how this fight helps boxing or the fighters careers or there pockets?:dunno:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Can someone tell me how this fight helps boxing or the fighters careers or there pockets?:dunno:
the fight will sell big numbers because duddys very popular and is very exciting and pavlik is also great to watch, it'll make big PPV numbers so i guess the money the fight will make makes it meaningfull.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TommyGunn said:
the fight will sell big numbers because duddys very popular and is very exciting and pavlik is also great to watch, it'll make big PPV numbers so i guess the money the fight will make makes it meaningfull.
I dont think it'll be on PPV and its a week after RJJ and Tito in the same area. Atlantic city and MSG are too close to try and have 2 major fights in back to back weeks.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
it doesn't! there's only one fight that should be made and that's taylor/pavlik. i haven't heard jt say he didn't want the fight, so i'm wondering what's going on? i think arum's doing everything in his power to not make taylor/pavlik 2. you'd think he'd be pressuring taylor to negotiate the rematch.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
prettyboywho said:
I dont think it'll be on PPV and its a week after RJJ and Tito in the same area. Atlantic city and MSG are too close to try and have 2 major fights in back to back weeks.
any fight involving pavlik is guarenteed to be PPV, he's undisputed middleweight champion.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i don't think pavlik/duddy would warrant a ppv, but taylor/pavlik would be a lock. there's more money for pavlik to fight taylor. maybe taylor's making changes in his camp or something. who knows, maybe he's actually scared? i'd doubt that, but that could be the case.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
BigDigga said:
i don't think pavlik/duddy would warrant a ppv, but taylor/pavlik would be a lock. there's more money for pavlik to fight taylor. maybe taylor's making changes in his camp or something. who knows, maybe he's actually scared? i'd doubt that, but that could be the case.
he'll fight taylor, but why not make a million or 2 before it?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TommyGunn said:
any fight involving pavlik is guarenteed to be PPV, he's undisputed middleweight champion.
So was Taylor and his last fight wasnt PPV

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
true. but, i'm beginning to think that taylor may need to boost his confidence. I mean, he had an immedaite rematch put into the contract. why put the clause in if your not going to enforce it?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TommyGunn said:
he'll fight taylor, but why not make a million or 2 before it?
Ok he could make 6 or 7 mill to fight Taylor now.
1 or 2 to fight Duddy now
If he loses to Duddy or Taylor loses again. Kelly wont get no where near 6 or 7 mill.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yikes Atlantic City in January, no trip to the boardwalk for that. Hey, he'll be just like all the rest, take the easiest fight for the most money, can't say I blame him.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
BigDigga said:
true. but, i'm beginning to think that taylor may need to boost his confidence. I mean, he had an immedaite rematch put into the contract. why put the clause in if your not going to enforce it?
Maybe he's having second thoughts. Rematch is risky for the furtherance of his career.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol tommy....this isnt a pay per view card. its actually HBO BAD. Its already confirmed. The first fight on jan 26 will be the replay of jones trinidad ppv fight, then this will be the main event.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts