Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Pavlik complained when refereee Earl Morton
was named as ref of the fight with Hopkins Sat night. They claim Morton is a friend of Bernard Hopkins.ROFL The BS had to start somewhere sad Pavliks team had to do it. Morton was removed and now Benji Esteves is named the third man
I wonder if team Pavlik picked the judges too????

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
was named as ref of the fight with Hopkins Sat night. They claim Morton is a friend of Bernard Hopkins.ROFL The BS had to start somewhere sad Pavliks team had to do it. Morton was removed and now Benji Esteves is named the third man
LMAO. I don't like all the changing officials business, but it's within the rules to do so. Esteves is a good replacement.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO. I don't like all the changing officials business, but it's within the rules to do so. Esteves is a good replacement.
But to demand a referees removal because they claim he's a friend of the opponent is pretty sick in my book. what if Hopkins said he didnt want Esteves ?? Would they change again??? BTW Steve Smogers name was mentioned but Team Pavlik chose Esteves over him. Looks like Pavliks getting preferential treatment to me

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
But to demand a referees removal because they claim he's a friend of the opponent is pretty sick in my book. what if Hopkins said he didnt want Esteves ?? Would they change again??? BTW Steve Smogers name was mentioned but Team Pavlik chose Esteves over him. Looks like Pavliks getting preferential treatment to me
Start trying to look at the positives CJ, rather than the negatives.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Start trying to look at the positives CJ, rather than the negatives.
Its kinda hard too Callam Looks like Nard's gonna have to knock Pavlik out to get a draw. Ive seen crap like this happen so many times over the years Callam

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big deal...the referee won't change the outcome of the fight so it doesn't matter.
If thats the case Why remove Earl Morton as referee ???? Team Pavlik arent as confident as they claim are they LOL
Plus I wonder why they picked Esteves over Steve Smoger??? Guess we'll see tomorrow night huh LOL

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Nothing wrong with what Pavlik did. Hopkins did the same thing before his fight with Trinidad. He had the ref replaced cuz he was Puerto Rican like Tito. That's just as bad

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It's within the rules. There are many reason to not want a certain ref in the fight. Pavliks team felt they were friends and didnt want anything interrupting the fight. It wasn't kelly himself. You act as if he really cared, it won't change the outcome. You say you know everything about boxing and how it works. You obviously don't know that each fighter recieved a list of refs to choose from after pavliks team didn't want the original ref. Then both teams came to terms on Esteves. You understand this? Let me repeat it. BOTH SIDES agreed to Esteves as the ref. Hopkins didn't bitch, why are you? Pavlik getting preferential treatment? How about Professional treatment. This is a tough sport, people risk their lives, and if they want a different referee and both sides are professional about it, then damnit, they deserve it. Because they are the true fighters, we are just the spectators. Theres a reason why no one else brought this up but you, no one gives a *****.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Nothing wrong with what Pavlik did. Hopkins did the same thing before his fight with Trinidad. He had the ref replaced cuz he was Puerto Rican like Tito. That's just as bad
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Can't wait to hear a response on this.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what youre trying to say is , Pavlik had Earl Morton removed because he is an african american like Bernard Hopkins is. I doubt that is the reason for one second.
No Puerto Rican referee could officiate Hopkins-Trinidad fairly we all know that. What puzzles me is Pavlik rejecting Steve Smoger in favor of Esteves

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's within the rules. There are many reason to not want a certain ref in the fight. Pavliks team felt they were friends and didnt want anything interrupting the fight. It wasn't kelly himself. You act as if he really cared, it won't change the outcome. You say you know everything about boxing and how it works. You obviously don't know that each fighter recieved a list of refs to choose from after pavliks team didn't want the original ref. Then both teams came to terms on Esteves. You understand this? Let me repeat it. BOTH SIDES agreed to Esteves as the ref. Hopkins didn't bitch, why are you? Pavlik getting preferential treatment? How about Professional treatment. This is a tough sport, people risk their lives, and if they want a different referee and both sides are professional about it, then damnit, they deserve it. Because they are the true fighters, we are just the spectators. Theres a reason why no one else brought this up but you, no one gives a *****.
I dont recall asking your opinion on this issue Lance but as usual you butt in trying to make it personal again. Ive never claimed to know everything about boxing, though you have often claimed you know more than me. :) I'd sit down anytime just you and me, no google, no boxrec and I'm certain I'd lose you on boxing questions

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I dont recall asking your opinion on this issue Lance but as usual you butt in trying to make it personal again. Ive never claimed to know everything about boxing, though you have often claimed you know more than me. :) I'd sit down anytime just you and me, no google, no boxrec and I'm certain I'd lose you on boxing questions
You made the thread didn't you? Now only certain people can post in it? :laugh: I figured you'd have a response like that though.

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You made the thread didn't you? Now only certain people can post in it? :laugh: I figured you'd have a response like that though.
I'd like boxing fans to post in it, not people that cannot seem to talk boxing without snide remarks and childishness

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'd like boxing fans to post in it, not people that cannot seem to talk boxing without snide remarks and childishness
If anyone can confirm my reponse as being childish, then you got it. But my response wasn't towards you at all. It was all about boxing.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Its kinda hard too Callam Looks like Nard's gonna have to knock Pavlik out to get a draw. Ive seen crap like this happen so many times over the years Callam
Quit your bitching. Damn this is just like the last 3 fights you cared about. You started bitching even before the fights started. You have a problem man.
Exactly. I agree with every word of this post.
There wasn't a damn thing that was childish about Lance's post. You made a thread in the general section that wasn't addressed to anyone and start whining when someone comments on it. Pathetic man.
If anyone can confirm my reponse as being childish, then you got it. But my response wasn't towards you at all. It was all about boxing.
Exactly.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Quit your bitching. Damn this is just like the last 3 fights you cared about. You started bitching even before the fights started. You have a problem man.

There wasn't a damn thing that was childish about Lance's post. You made a thread in the general section that wasn't addressed to anyone and start whining when someone comments on it. Pathetic man.

Exactly.
Real talk. :thumbsup:

·
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Exactly.

Nothings changed has it Shane same old childish crap jeez:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
How come when someone says something that you can't retort you call it "childish?" You're online right now, and I am calling you out. This thread has only 18 posts. I want to you go back through it RIGHT NOW, and show me where Lance, I, or anyone else said something childish. You quote it, and show it to me, and I will ban myself for a month. Do not avoid this. You've now said that crap twice, and frankly, I'm sick of it. All you ever do is complain man. I didn't say crap about you, and I've helped you out with many things. This has nothing to do with me and you. This has everything to do with the aggravating fact that you really do complain about every fight that you are emotionally invested in if you think (God knows why) that your guy isn't being catered to. The ball is in your court right now. Don't dribble it off of your foot. I'll be waiting.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Please quote what was childish and we'll hold an entire staff investigation into it. The entire staff will vote on whether it was or was not childish. If it turns out to go against what you say, an infraction will be on its way for once again falsely accusing someone of something again. Roger warned you about this, freaking yesterday man! Sound good to you? Sounds great to me.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts