Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't find the article i read it in yesterday, but what was mentioned was a possible pavlik/hopkins matchup should pavlik defeat taylor again. i think this would be a very intriging matchup. at first, i thought pavlik would probably win by decision being he's the younger, more busy fighter. but, then i thought of hopkin' mental fortitude, and his ability to dissect his opponent and take away their weaknesses. if hopkins doesn't land the kessler/calzaghe winner then it's highly probable that we'll see pavlik/hopkins @168lbs.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the thing with this fight is nard has turned into the biggest spoiler in the game since the reflexes in his legs went, im not sure pavlik would have the ring savy to beat hopkins because although nard dont look impressive these days he does know how to win fights.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I like that match up. And I'll say Hopkins wins a good UD. 116-112

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Captainobvious said:
It would be nice to see Hop get another belt before retiring, but I dont know that this fight is gonn ahappen. I guess we'll see.
it's possible with gbp and tr doing business together, and the fight being more than marketable. if hopkins lands the calzaghe/kessler winner and defeats him, and pavlik gets by taylor the fight could happen in late '08. it's a fight i'd definately be interested in seeing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah, not a good matchup, but no way old man Hopkins would win. Bout time he got KO'ed and got the hell outta there.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Rayman said:
Yeah, not a good matchup, but no way old man Hopkins would win. Bout time he got KO'ed and got the hell outta there.
Why? He is one of the best boxers of this era, and he continues to win. You have to remember that although his style now may be more boring than in the past the guy that he is boxing is trying to beat him. Him winning just shows that he still has what it takes to win, regardless of how he does it. That is the name of the game. I don't see this fight happening. Too much time will pass between the Taylor-Pavlik trilogy.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i see what your saying regarding too much time passing by. if taylor wins the rematch then there's no chance of the fight happening. pavlik/hopkins is contingent on pavlik winning the rematch first.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
BigDigga said:
i see what your saying regarding too much time passing by. if taylor wins the rematch then there's no chance of the fight happening. pavlik/hopkins is contingent on pavlik winning the rematch first.
Which I am not completely certain will happen, but something about having your next fight against the only guy to ever knock out out certainly isn't going to help Jermain's mental state coming into the fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
How correct you are sir. I can't wait for the odds for this fight. I may even go see it live if it is anywhere other than Vegas. I'll be in Vegas for the December fight, and I have never been to Atlantic City. Hell I'd go to Youngstown baby!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Taylor should win. He just really needs to smarten up in the right or he'll have a career like Zab.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
not interested at all
they would give B-hop the fight for doing a such a good defensive job.:thumbsdown:
Total bullcrap they robbed Hoppy of two decisions against Taylor already. Hoppy is his own man stands no crap from anyone hence they wanted him out

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
BigDigga said:
you ain't gotta love hopkins, but you should respect him. His mental strength is almost insurmountable.
I get that, But
I just can't get past his style.
I am very bias for offensive, Blood and guts type fighters.
Ala Old Tyson, Juan D, the new Winky, the old Tito, RJJR, SSM
Cotto, Terri Norris and a bunch of others.
I don't Glorify Records they don't mean ship to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts