Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Wow.. I really tought it would be more.. I mean Tito-Jones made 500k, I was expecting something around 3-4 hundred k, maybe more. Specially after the countdown.

sad numbers indeed, hopefully pavlik will reach better numbers

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You could tell the PPV numbers were going to be bad when there were a bunch of empty seats. This fight should of never been on PPVb

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I just can't believe that. The middleweight champion should be PPV, and who wouldn't have thought it was going to be exciting based on the first one. I guess Pavlik shouldn't have been so low key, maybe he needed to use some gutter talk, and a flashy life style to attract attention, and then Floyd gets $20 mil to do what?. I guess I just don't get it.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I predicted 350 K. I bet more people tuned in to see it free than people that bought it. The numbers may be decieving.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I didn't think this fight would do anything really. 200K isn't below my expectations. Nobody knows who Taylor is. Very few people know who Pavlik is.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It should have never been a PPV. They need as many people as possible to see Pavlik while he is young before he will be successful on PPV.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The titles not being on the line sure didn't help selling the fight.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I bought the fight because I'm a big Pavlik fan. There is a good chance I won't get the Marquez-Pacquiao fight, though. I know it makes little sense but it's an example of what some people are more interested in

·
Registered
808 Posts
I bought the fight because im a jermain taylor fan , i will probably get the Pac VS JMM fight but it doesnt have a very good undercard imo.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I honestly don't care about Pacquiao-Marquez. I don't like Pacquiao that much. I'd rather pay $50 for something like Pavlik-Taylor than watch Pacquiao for free.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Pacquiao-Marquez will be an awesome fight though, good undercard too i think. That should do quite a few buys i would think, maybe 300-400k?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts