Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abraham KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious to know if there is anyone who would take Abraham in this fight?

I would take Pavlik to stop Abraham late. AA has a good defense but eventually i see Pavlik blasting through that guard and landing with hard shots.

·
Registered
661 Posts
This is definitely competitive, no way Abraham is getting blown out. I'd give him a shot at beating Pavlik, not enough of a shot to pick him outright but he has a chance.

G

·
I think Abraham is getting a little more credit than he deserves. He was behind to Miranda when he knocked him out. He has great power but I see no way he could win a decision over Pavlik. It will be a good fight but I think Kelly will win by clear decision or late KO.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i think that abraham may connect to pavlik and hurt him, but ultimately pavlik is a fighter with a lot of heart and someone who will win by ko or a ud. i can see pavlik throwing too much at abraham and getting tired since abraham's style invites you to throw at him. he will counter with some big shots but it's not enough.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think Abraham is getting a little more credit than he deserves. He was behind to Miranda when he knocked him out. He has great power but I see no way he could win a decision over Pavlik. It will be a good fight but I think Kelly will win by clear decision or late KO.
he was behind on the cards before the stoppage? I find that kinda surprising. I see late stoppage for Kelly but agree this will be a competive fight. I hope it's in AC.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
he was behind on the cards before the stoppage? I find that kinda surprising. I see late stoppage for Kelly but agree this will be a competive fight. I hope it's in AC.
tbh sometimes the first few rounds go either way. abraham looked like he was measuring miranda and being very defensive because he was scared of miranda's power. then he began to fight more. the fight was 4 rounds anyway i think.

G

·
Yeah, Miranda was at least 2-1 ahead going into the 4th, maybe 3-0, I can't remember exactly. It will be competitive but if Kelly loses I'll be really surprised.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Pavlik by UD. Abraham will give him some problems though.
I agree. Pavlik UD.
Yeah Miranda was up 3-0, which was what made it so cool. Abraham was just chillin, measuring Miranda's mistakes. Then in the 4th he let his first big punch go, and he caught Miranda. It was awesome.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think Pavlik is going to run right through him. 3rd or 4th round stoppage

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Abraham gives away the early rounds in his fights alot. Thats why alot of his stoppages have come later in fights. It would be smart for AA to attack Pavlik early, Kelly only gets stronger as the fight goes on so AA is going to need a nice lead going into the second half of the fight. I think AA will make it competitive but i don't think he has the stamina to keep up with Kelly's workrate, he'll get stopped late on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im curious to know if there is anyone who would take Abraham in this fight?

I would take Pavlik to stop Abraham late. AA has a good defense but eventually i see Pavlik blasting through that guard and landing with hard shots.
I think Pavlik would win however AA did impress me in his last fight , Abraham's patience , very intelligent fighter . with Abraham you have to knock on the door and see if anyone is home, not blowing your big shots and wasting energy like Miranda did... just tap his gloves and get ready to counter the counter puncher. I think Kelly can do that ( touch) is very important vs a cagey counter puncher

G

·
I think Pavlik knocks out Abraham around round 9. I think Abraham is very nice fighter. #2 middleweight no doubt. Unfortunately for him the #1 guy (Pavlik) is a step above the rest. I'd love to see the fight happen though.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Yeah, Miranda was at least 2-1 ahead going into the 4th, maybe 3-0, I can't remember exactly. It will be competitive but if Kelly loses I'll be really surprised.
Yeah the problem is Abraham can get outworked, he defends himself and looks for oppenings, sometimes its not enough to win the rounds.
I think Kelly outworks him, UD or late stoppage if kelly works the body properly.

G

·
Yeah the problem is Abraham can get outworked, he defends himself and looks for oppenings, sometimes its not enough to win the rounds.
I think Kelly outworks him, UD or late stoppage if kelly works the body properly.
You're right, Abraham is easy to outwork and Kelly doesn't need an invitation anyway. My initial thought was a Pavlik UD but now I'm thinking a late stoppage. Abraham has great power but Pavliks chin is solid (despite being knocked down by Taylor) and I expect him to take Abraham's shots well. If Abraham really wants to win this fight he's going to have to take risks and I see kelly taking advatage of this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts