Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who ya got?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has everyone got in this one and why?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Im going with Taylor by tko, everything in my head says Pavlik by ko, but im going with my gut on this one.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
One thing for sure, Pavlik will come forward and Taylor will back up.Taylor will still eat right hands, and he's proven he can't take them. This rematch is too soon for Taylor to improve enough to win.

Besides, I just can't feature Taylor, a good fighter, but that's all, beating Pavlik, a fighter on the verge of greatness. Pavlik will walk him down again and end it in a similar fashion.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
pavlik's not going to change anything, and he shouldn't. just keep coming forward throwing punches like he's always been doing. taylor will be backed up again, but as long as he doesn't draw straight back i think he'll see the final bell. i think saying taylor can't take a punch is way off being that it took a good number of rights to wear him down. it wasn't just one punch that got him out of there it was an accumlation of shots.

my head says pavlik, but i'm going with taylor by decision. i think he can turn the tables.....better yet i hope he can.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that he couldn't take a punch, but that he couldn't take many of them, and I think he will take many of them again. Unless he......moves his head, moves his feet, and circles instead up backing up, well heck that's another fighter all together. :laugh:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
lmao! it does sound like a different fighter doesn't it?

the main thing he needs to do is circle like you said. pavlik's a straight shooter, so circling him will lessen his connects. and, taylor needs to start chanting before the fight to calm his a$$ down:laugh:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Pavlik by K.O he will come to Taylor and walk him down take a side step when Taylor goes to punch back Taylor has a bad habit of waiting till the other man if finished. this time just like the last time it will cost him big.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pavlik by KO!

Taylor won't be able to stop him this time either, although Pavlik can't be too complacent coming into this fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I think Taylor gets back to the basics that got him to the top and he stops Kelly late.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
you mean luck? good match making? what basics?
So you telling me that Taylor got to the top of the Middle weight division and became champ from luck???

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
getting back to the basics =

1. sound footwork(circling, side to side movement)

2. mixing up punches(taylor fell in love with his hooks during the fight)

3. conditioning, conditioning, conditioning(it's not going to improve much imo, but taylor being more relaxed will help alot)

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
getting back to the basics =

1. sound footwork(circling, side to side movement)

2. mixing up punches(taylor fell in love with his hooks during the fight)

3. conditioning, conditioning, conditioning(it's not going to improve much imo, but taylor being more relaxed will help alot)
Thank you for clearing that up

·
Registered
707 Posts
that was a joke but yes in my opinion he walked in at a time when the competition was not what it is now. Also before you bring up Hopkins he Taylor has a good style match up, size and pace for Hopkins.He has good size ,skill,power seem to me he lacks heart and desire.But over all I belive he is average

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
that was a joke but yes in my opinion he walked in at a time when the competition was not what it is now. Also before you bring up Hopkins he Taylor has a good style match up, size and pace for Hopkins.He has good size ,skill,power seem to me he lacks heart and desire.But over all I belive he is average
What?? The middle weight division is dead now. No one is in it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm taking Pavlik by stoppage around 6-8 for a very simple reason. Pavlik beat Taylor the first time due to bad habits that Taylor has shown for years. I think Taylor is going to be thinking too much, worried about getting his head blown off again. I'm accepting all bets for this fight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't understand all of this "Pavlik on the verge of greatness" talk. He beat two overrated fighters granted he knocked them out, but don't forget Taylor nearly ended him in the second round and was ahead on points before going to sleep. Sounds like hype to me...is there a pattern here?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Pavlik is the real deal, but he still has his doubters. I don't know what he needs to do to get respect. KO'ing 98% of his opponents isn't good enough I guess.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Pavlik is gonna KO Taylor even quicker this time.

Taylor used alot of nervous energy last time in the openning rounds - really showed how nervous he was.
Is he gonna be anymore confident this time after getting Ko'd heavily last time-out? I seriously doubt it.

Kelly Pavlik is going to be a hard man to stop and could be a champion for years - Taylor certainly isn't going to be the man to stop him.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts