Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kelley Pavlik scores an 8th round knockout victory over Zertuche. He took a couple rounds to get his rythm, but once he did he really caught Zertuche with some clean shots. He absolutely rocked him with a shot in the 8th that had Zertuche out on his feet. Zertuche was taken to the hospital after the fight to be examined per the request of the event staff doctors. Pavlik seemed sluggish in both foot and hand speed early on, but worked his way into a groove in the fight after about round 3. His straight right was the difference maker in this fight, and his record is no 30-0 27KO

Jorge Arce punched his way to a unanimous decision over Ler winning every round. Ler layed back on the ropes for the majority of the fight and took alot of shots from Jorge. Arce was looking for the knockout throughout the fight, but didnt get much assistance from Julio Ler, who ran and covered up the whole fight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pavlik was far from impressive against a one trick pony, he should never of been hit with the shots he got tagged with, when he steps up he may have a bit of trouble. I noticed for such a tall guy he gets in rather close at times instead of using his range, quite lucly Vertuche blew his wad in the 1st 3 rounds.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
budsfan73 said:
Pavlik was far from impressive against a one trick pony, he should never of been hit with the shots he got tagged with, when he steps up he may have a bit of trouble. I noticed for such a tall guy he gets in rather close at times instead of using his range, quite lucly Vertuche blew his wad in the 1st 3 rounds.

He was getting hit alot early but I thought he adjusted & showed good defense after that.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with you Erik. I think he shows some very promising things. Do I think hes ready for a Jermaine Taylor or Winky Wright, no. After seeing that match, im convinced he needs some more work against good opposition. He needs to work on his defense and counterpunching a bit. He didnt seem to throw any punches while moving backward, and he didnt really counterpunch much while Zertuche was throwing his combinations.
I still think hes a good fighter and has alot of promise, especially with his power, but hes still a bit raw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts