Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

People who rate Tyson #1 heavyweight...please explain your reasoning

10K views 115 replies 22 participants last post by  calzaghefella 
Tyson trained what 2 weeks and should of won the fight when he knocked douglas down for 14 seconds but bill, why make a thread just so you can piss everyone off. Tihs is the same da** thing we always talk about, give it. The tyson that faced douglas wasnt no prime tyson, he had already stopped caring about boxing and stopped training. Prime Tyson would of walked of douglas in a heartbeat, just like holyfield did in the third round. But you wanted a reason, i gave you a reason and i refuse to argue anymore about this rediculous topic.

their all rumors, we'll never know exactly if marciano lost or not, i say he did, back then they really didnt have much ameteur fights, i think most were pro, because their are rumors that marciano had it changed. what do you haev to say about rj bill? that if he hadnt got the bs dq agaisnt griffin he would of beat marciano's record with 50 - 0 after he beat tarver in their first fight?

My only reason for having tyson as number 1 hw, is because in his prime I dont htink anyone could of beat him. But there were a few other heavies who were like this, but were never as dominant in their primes like tyson. Ali and Holmes come to mind. And they had the style to beat tyson, but would prime tyson of gave them a chance? We'll never know. No one can answer.

Very true man, and we'll never know how tyson would of looked during his prison years. Both missed that perfect age where most atheltes shine. Its a shame aint it?

P.s I didnt mean to put that thumbs down thing up there, I have no idea how it happened and I cant change it. But good post!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.