Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do boxers roid or hit the GH or any other enhancers.
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that most top tier sports persons use something to give them an egde.
Which boxers might be guilty????
Past and present.
I put Tommy Morrison down as a roider but it's just a guess.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Do boxers roid or hit the GH or any other enhancers.
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that most top tier sports persons use something to give them an egde.
Which boxers might be guilty????
Past and present.
I put Tommy Morrison down as a roider but it's just a guess.
Steroids is the one drug that doesn't help a boxer worth a damn. I mean if it helps get you the early KO it's useful, but as that fight goes down the stretch it backfires on your ass badly. The recover time your arms need in between combinations becomes much longer so you effectively can't throw punches whenever you need to anymore. Boxing being a sport where a guy fights with his shirt off also tends to make it obvious if he roided himself for 1 particular fight. Anyhow, they drug test after the fight anyways. If a man comes up positive for anything, the bout is ruled a NC.

G

·
Steroids is the one drug that doesn't help a boxer worth a damn. I mean if it helps get you the early KO it's useful, but as that fight goes down the stretch it backfires on your ass badly. The recover time your arms need in between combinations becomes much longer so you effectively can't throw punches whenever you need to anymore. Boxing being a sport where a guy fights with his shirt off also tends to make it obvious if he roided himself for 1 particular fight. Anyhow, they drug test after the fight anyways. If a man comes up positive for anything, the bout is ruled a NC.
Ah don't be rediculous. Just because it theoretically wouldn't help a boxer doesn't mean that misinformed fighters don't take them. Steroids are prevelant in every major sport and if you don't believe that I think you're a bit naive. I mean, scrawny relief picthers have tested positive for roids. And the guys who are making the substances that help a guy pass a test are ALWAYS one step ahead of the guys who are making the tests to find the drugs. I would say they'd also be very enticing for fighters moving up in weight classes. All we can do is accept it for what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts