Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm interested to see everyones personal favourtie fight of all time,

i wanna know everyones favourite fight, everyone has 1 or maybe 5 of them lol, but the fight they could watch everyday of the week, the fight that they could tell you a highlight of any round without even watching it again.

i'll start my favourite fight of all time is.......

1981 Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Tommy Hearns

why?

from round 1-5 Hearns looked the agressor building a good lead on the score cards, with SRL looking a litte bit worse for wear.

come round 6 SRL came out a completely different fighter, until hearns then came back dominating up till round 11.

from round 12 onwards leonard was throwing punches no one had seen before and managed to drop hearns twice in round 13 before winning by a TKO in round 14.

it was probably one of my earliest boxing memories and is atm my favourtie fight of all time. :thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
i'm interested to see everyones personal favourtie fight of all time,

i wanna know everyones favourite fight, everyone has 1 or maybe 5 of them lol, but the fight they could watch everyday of the week, the fight that they could tell you a highlight of any round without even watching it again.

i'll start my favourite fight of all time is.......

1981 Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Tommy Hearns

why?

from round 1-5 Hearns looked the agressor building a good lead on the score cards, with SRL looking a litte bit worse for wear.

come round 6 SRL came out a completely different fighter, until hearns then came back dominating up till round 11.

from round 12 onwards leonard was throwing punches no one had seen before and managed to drop hearns twice in round 13 before winning by a TKO in round 14.

it was probably one of my earliest boxing memories and is atm my favourtie fight of all time. :thumbsup:
Modern day it would be Pacquiao-Morales I :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Right now its Arthur Abraham vs Edison Miranda II :D I just love the way Arthur shut Miranda up and made him eat his words, and the nice thing about this is that we havent heard a single word from Miranda wich is ofc prizeless.

Evander Holyfield vs Michael Moorer II is another one cause at this time Holyfield still had alot of doubters and he knocked Moorer down 5 times before the fight was stopped and really proved himself to be the best HW at that time.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now its Arthur Abraham vs Edison Miranda II :D I just love the way Arthur shut Miranda up and made him eat his words, and the nice thing about this is that we havent heard a single word from Miranda wich is ofc prizeless.

Evander Holyfield vs Michael Moorer II is another one cause at this time Holyfield still had alot of doubters and he knocked Moorer down 5 times before the fight was stopped and really proved himself to be the best HW at that time.
Holyfield v Moorer II was a great match holyfield was at the top of his game here. :thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Haha anytime Tarver loses has to be up there then :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I loved Trinidad vs. Vargas. I had followed British boxing for a few years but hadn't really paid much attention to American fights, this fight and MAB-Morales I are two of my earliest boxing memories as far as non-British boxing goes. Its also the main reason Tito and Morales are two of my favourite fighters.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I loved Trinidad vs. Vargas. I had followed British boxing for a few years but hadn't really paid much attention to American fights, this fight and MAB-Morales I are two of my earliest boxing memories as far as non-British boxing goes. Its also the main reason Tito and Morales are two of my favourite fighters.
Trinidad vs. Vargas and De la Hoya vs. Mayorga are also big favourites of mine :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The reason why I liked Castillo-Corrales so damn much is because when watching it live I couldn't ever decide who I thought was going to pull it out, and it went back and forth repeatedly. Perfect fight.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another favourite of mine is erik morales vs. MAB I, an amzaing fight 2 brilliant boxers what more can you ask for,i remeber watching it with some pals and by the end none of us could believe what we had just watched and no one could decide who they'd give it to but i think in the end we all agreed morales winning was a good choice byt the judges.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Everyone obviously loves Castillo - Coralles I, and Hagler - Hearns. But a personal fave of mine is Marquez - Vasquez II, just pure punching pleasure, and it was a perfect counterpoint to the first one.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I gotta say Hagler-Hearns I know it was only 3 rounds but what 3 rounds they were.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts