Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, but I'm going to keep on beating this dead horse: Nick Charles and Wally Matthews are the worst commentating duo in the history of the world. In any sport. They immediately degrade the quality and respectability of any event they are involved in. I'll have to think about ignoring the Toney/Thompson fight and Winky Wright's next one on account of their shittyness.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Looked like another crooked ref to me. At least Bika got the job done.
No doubt about it. Terrible call on the fake knockdown and he did everything he could to let Manfredo stay in there and keep taking shots without returning any. Manfredo is a bum. Good riddance. What a miserable card.

G

·
No doubt about it. Terrible call on the fake knockdown and he did everything he could to let Manfredo stay in there and keep taking shots without returning any. Manfredo is a bum. Good riddance. What a miserable card.
Agreed, if it was the other way around he would have stopped Bika in a heart beat. I'm glad to see the back of Manfredo.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looked like another crooked ref to me. At least Bika got the job done.
Yeah, dude definitely had to be something. Bika dropped Manfredo and Manfredo fell on Bika, I don't know how an honest ref could make that mistake. Bika was beating the ish out of Manfredo in that round and the ref didn't want to stop it. Manfredo is a tough dude though with a good chin, should have taken a knee to clear his head since he got so many chances. It wouldn't have mattered anyway Bika was gonna knock him out or get disqualified no matter what.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Bika actually beat him unlike Calslappy. That was a legit stoppage. I'm just pissed that they didn't show the Mundine fight.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Bika ate Manfredo alive. He landed around 85 punches and Bika doesnt have any jab.

Manfredo has a chin though, he can tatke a punch. The problem is he cant fight back, so he keeps taking punches and gets stopped.

Bika x Andrade anyone?

G

·
Yeah, dude definitely had to be something. Bika dropped Manfredo and Manfredo fell on Bika, I don't know how an honest ref could make that mistake. Bika was beating the ish out of Manfredo in that round and the ref didn't want to stop it. Manfredo is a tough dude though with a good chin, should have taken a knee to clear his head since he got so many chances. It wouldn't have mattered anyway Bika was gonna knock him out or get disqualified no matter what.
The ref had as clear a view as he could have got for the KD, it made Andrade's the other week look credible.

Bika ate Manfredo alive. He landed around 85 punches and Bika doesnt have any jab.

Manfredo has a chin though, he can tatke a punch. The problem is he cant fight back, so he keeps taking punches and gets stopped.

Bika x Andrade anyone?
Yes please :cool:

G

·
I attended the Bika-Manfredo fight last night. Was anyone amazed at the size differential? Manfredo looked like he was going against a fighter two weight classes heavier than himself. Bika looked so strong. Very impressive. I want to see him get another shot at a title. Manfredo is done in terms of big fights.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I attended the Bika-Manfredo fight last night. Was anyone amazed at the size differential? Manfredo looked like he was going against a fighter two weight classes heavier than himself. Bika looked so strong. Very impressive. I want to see him get another shot at a title. Manfredo is done in terms of big fights.
I agree :thumbsup:. And everytime I see Bika, it looks like a sculpture made for the Greek Gods :laugh: That man is chiseled out of stone. He definitely was the stronger fighter and Manfredo had no business trying to trade with him.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts

Bika x Andrade anyone?
abit like frank bruno. has a solid chin to stand up but won't punch back once hurt

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I agree :thumbsup:. And everytime I see Bika, it looks like a sculpture made for the Greek Gods :laugh: That man is chiseled out of stone. He definitely was the stronger fighter and Manfredo had no business trying to trade with him.
bika is very strong. he made calzaghe work very hard and calzaghe hasn very good fitness.

bika also won that contender thing where i got to know him better. very nice humble guy too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts