Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBC interim heavyweight champion Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter (28-1, 22 KOs) got more than he bargained for with late sub Jameel McCline (38-7-3, 23 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. McCline dropped Peter with an uppercut to the the neck at the end of round two then floored Peter twice more in round three. Peter, however, was able to regroup, while McCline began to slow down and the bout became very tactical the rest of the way. Peter seemed to outwork McCline down the stretch to win a unanimous decision by scores of 113-112, 115-111, 115-110. McCline is now 0-4 in world title fights.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
prettyboywho said:
WBC interim heavyweight champion Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter (28-1, 22 KOs) got more than he bargained for with late sub Jameel McCline (38-7-3, 23 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. McCline dropped Peter with an uppercut to the the neck at the end of round two then floored Peter twice more in round three. Peter, however, was able to regroup, while McCline began to slow down and the bout became very tactical the rest of the way. Peter seemed to outwork McCline down the stretch to win a unanimous decision by scores of 113-112, 115-111, 115-110. McCline is now 0-4 in world title fights.
Didn't watch the fight but down three times and still up 5 rds on 1 card and 4 on another? WOW?

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
I watch the fight I had it alot closer. If Peter won it was by 1. I gave McCline the 5th and 6th round also. so 2nd round 10-8 McCline 3 round 10-7 McCline. I had it 113-112 Peter.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow a heavyweight champion was fighting last night and I didn't even know about it. Pitiful, just pitiful. Could they be any worse? Apparently it wasn't even worth promoting.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Rayman said:
Wow a heavyweight champion was fighting last night and I didn't even know about it. Pitiful, just pitiful. Could they be any worse? Apparently it wasn't even worth promoting.
well, with all the last second changes that occured because of vitali and maskaev' injuries it was kind of hard to promote. it's a miracle the fight was made in the first place.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Rayman said:
That's the problem, To many champs and none want to fight each other. Wake me up when they get a real hvy weight division.
Oh, and none are worth a damn.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Watching Peter go down is a riot. I wonder how good he could be if he was actually in shape. ???
He wasnt in shape???

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
He was in shape he was training for two months for maskaev. He got hit by a weak puncher three times and went down. Wait until the HW with the all time KO percentage hits him he won't get back up. Vitali will rule again.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
there something more to peter going down like that. i mean wlad hit him with some bombs when they fought, and he took them well. hell, it took wlad 12 rounds to really rock peter. vitali is the stronger brother though. i respect your loyality to vitali, but i seriously doubt vitali' body will hold up to allow him to rule anything.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
prettyboywho said:
He wasnt in shape???
I didn't watch the fight, and I hate heavies. I have seen Peter fight before, and he is absolutely fat. If he was in better shape he could be much better. That seems fairly straight forward to me.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He was in pretty decent shape for his apparently, im a bit confused at him going down 3 times to McCline. Against Wlad he took some massive shots.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did he even train. He might have went through some workouts to stay in shape, but how can you train for a fight and you dont even know who you are fighting and if you are even going to fight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts