Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my phone soon and I need a new mp3 player, so it makes sense to get one of these new combos. I like the fact that I can surf the web on wireless access points with the iPhone, and its got a very good mp3 player obviously...

I figure some of you have done more research on them than I have, so hooka brotha up. What do you guys recommend?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I need to replace my phone soon and I need a new mp3 player, so it makes sense to get one of these new combos. I like the fact that I can surf the web on wireless access points with the iPhone, and its got a very good mp3 player obviously...

I figure some of you have done more research on them than I have, so hooka brotha up. What do you guys recommend?
i heard the new sony phones are good. i dunno about the us but their newest one aint out in the uk yet. i think the w990 or something like that.

i have the w880 and the music quaity from the walkman mode is pretty decent. almost on the ipod level. never heard an i phone before though. so i can only imagine the newer sony's will be great. not sure about the internet

i also got a n95 which has a sexy speaker and it's loud. the net is abit slow but it's good for music too

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Wait until mid-July when the new Iphone comes out. They will have GPS and will offer all kinds of goodies. They will have a hookup that you can put on your windshield to use the gps while you drive. I'm considering getting one just because of the GPS. The new ones will also have twice the memory. They will be $199 if you're eligible for an upgrade. I'll look around. I know a crap load about cells.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Wait until mid-July when the new Iphone comes out. They will have GPS and will offer all kinds of goodies. They will have a hookup that you can put on your windshield to use the gps while you drive. I'm considering getting one just because of the GPS. The new ones will also have twice the memory. They will be $199 if you're eligible for an upgrade. I'll look around. I know a crap load about cells.
what you think of the new sony? Sony Ericsson - Mobile phones - See the phone - W980

i like it and want it. got 4 months left on my contract and hopefully get it on upgrade if it is out

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IF you're using AT&T...:(
I will have to pick up an unlocked version to run on my network (tmobile)

I actually already have a TomTom GPS, so while the feature is cool, I probably wouldnt get much use out of it.

The things i like about it are all of the features of the iPod touch included (excellent media player, wifi, wireless network access, pictures, video, good web browser) plus phone functionalilty.

Is there any other options out there besides the iPhone that should be checked out with a feature set like this?

Definitely let me know if you find anything out about scoring one of these though man. I've had the same phone now for about 4 years, while my girl is almost on her third. (she gets the nice phones outof me while Im stuck with the little piece of sh!t...):rolleyes:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what you think of the new sony? Sony Ericsson - Mobile phones - See the phone - W980

i like it and want it. got 4 months left on my contract and hopefully get it on upgrade if it is out
It looks decent. But the display size would hold me back since I plan on web browsing.

Another question about the iPhone...Im assuming you can load up all of your cd-ripped mp3's onto it, and your not forced to use only iTunes sh!t, right ?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck finding what you need, Steve. I didn't know you were with T-mobile.

Yeah, but Im not sure for how much longer. I think I have less than a year on my contract left. I dont have a problem switching carriers if I cant get what I want with T-mobile. But I will miss their awesome customer service.

Who do you use?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts