Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys check this out. I think it would be cool if each of us picked a boxing prospect/up-and-comer. We would place this guys name in our signature as our Prospect and give updates as he progresses. Each of us should have a different guy. It will be a great way for us to get a better taste of who is coming in boxing. I will leave Andre Berto for whoever goes along with me on this first. I would really appreciate it guys. My Selection is Jean Pascal at Super Middleweight. Who's yours???:dunno:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sex male
birth date 1982-10-28
age 24
manager/agent register
division super middleweight
rating 17 / 770
nationality Haiti
residence Laval, Quebec, Canada
birth name Jean-Thenistor Pascal
stance orthodox
height 5′ 11″
won 18 (KO 13) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 18

He reminds me of a young Roy Jones Jr, but only a small step behind. The guy can throw 100 a round or 50 and still dominate. He has blinding speed and abusive power. As his boxing fundamentals get better he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Ok who's getting Berto? I know Tommy will snag Amir Khan! I'm interested to hear a little reporting from you guys!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
He's an up and comer but at the age of 27 I dont know if he qualifys in your section. I like the looks of Alexander Povietkin at heavyweight.
If not il go for Goldenboy Promotions Abner Mares.

2004 Olimpian for Mexixo whoo's amateur record was an impressive 112-8 He's currently working up the Bantamweight ratings and looks a good prospect. His record is 13-0 with 8 KO. Only time will tell!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i'll take amir khan. :p

i predict he'll win a strap before all the guys mensioned above to.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Im gonna pick Julio Cesar Chavez jr.

He is only 21 he is has been really impressive and i think one day he will become the champion.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I would take Jorge Linares, hes 21 but his next fight is a world title fight so i dont know if hes past the prospect phase yet. If i cant have him, il take AJ Banal.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i watched aj banal the other day on hbo latina , the part of the phillipines vs mexico and banal looked awesome. i predict amir khan will get knocked out before any of the above.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
i watched aj banal the other day on hbo latina , the part of the phillipines vs mexico and banal looked awesome. i predict amir khan will get knocked out before any of the above.
well, if shanes comparing pasqual to roy jones i dont think he will. :p

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
lol i was only kidding tommy but yeah pascal is and never will be anywhere near roy jones.
i saw his fight the other week and he looks very good, he will prob win a title someday but no, he aint rjj class IMO either.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he looked very patient in his lasst fight, and the fight before that he was a little wild. If he can find a place inbetween that, he would be a future threat. but tryign to fill the shoes of rjj isnt going to happen, thats one shoe that may be impossible to feel. greatest athlete of all time.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I'll switch it up to Heavyweight and take my hometown kid, Eddie Chambers. Although he is on the fast track now to a title shot, he's still considered a prospect.

Eddie Chambers 29-0 (16KO)
Height: 6'1"

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brutus said:
Im gonna pick Julio Cesar Chavez jr.

He is only 21 he is has been really impressive and i think one day he will become the champion.
Nice pick. Looking good guys. Make sure to add your prospect to your signature so we can keep track of who has who and so on.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Captainobvious99 said:
I'll switch it up to Heavyweight and take my hometown kid, Eddie Chambers. Although he is on the fast track now to a title shot, he's still considered a prospect.

Eddie Chambers 29-0 (16KO)
Height: 6'1"
Nice pick. I am interested to see his progress.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, and I wasn't saying that Pascal=Roy Jones Jr. However, Roy Jones is the only guy that Pascal reminds me of. So, that was my reasoning. :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts