Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, what do you play? How long have you been at it?
What style of music? Are you in a band, do you jam with buddies, and what gear do you own/play? :thumbsup:

I just started out on both drums and guitar. Drums about 5 weeks ago, and guitar I've messed around on here and there (know a few chrods, etc) but only recently am getting more serious about learning.

I'm not in a band per se, but I jam with a couple of buds once, sometimes twice a week. One plays guitar, the other bass, so I rock the drums and the guitarist and I do vocals. Fun stuff man, fun stuff. I'm glad I started picking it up because when I'm too beatup and aged to kep playing sports like I do now, I'll still have another avenue like this to pursue.

For drums right now I have a Roland/Pintech mish-mash combination for an electronic drum kit. Full mesh heads on all toms/snare/kick drum, and an acoustic hi-hat. (I just cant get used to the open/close on the e-kits). All of that is run through a Roland TD6v module, and output into a Mackey powered mixer + cabinet.

As for guitars, I have a Parkwood (Cort) acoustic, and I just picked up a Gibson SG. My amp is a Peavey Classic 30 all tube amp in tweed finish.

The music we play is mostly rock/alt rock stuff but we dive into other things as well.
Current setlist we started working on includes some of these:
Tom Petty
Stone Temple Pilots
Radiohead
Weezer
Everclear
Sublime

How about you ?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I can play a few strings on the guitar, im not great though. Learned a couple of Oasis tracks from my mate though, he can play anything.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
When I was in 6th or 7th grade I tried my hand at percussion, and I was very good at it. I lost interest because we progressed at a snail's pace. I've always had an ear for music of all different kinds.

·
Registered
841 Posts
My Lil Bro plays the Native American flute like a pro, lol weird huh, he just bought one one day and taught himself how to play. It sounds badass though, especially when your impaired:)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
They do say that music is the gateway to the soul... and is one of the few things that can unite people from any different background or origin. Music as a whole is just great? :D
Well said. :thumbsup:
My Lil Bro plays the Native American flute like a pro, lol weird huh, he just bought one one day and taught himself how to play. It sounds badass though, especially when your impaired:)
I don't think I've ever even heard one played.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few quick Pics...
The drum kit is a little different than its current state. Not to mention its not even at my place anymore seeing as how we jam at my buddies house, it just stays there.

Anyways, the Gibson SG tastiness

1 - 20 of 25 Posts