Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AS SOME OF YOU , WHO WATCHED THE LAST DEBATE LAST NIGHT HEARD MR MCAIN INSISTS ON OFF SHORE DRILLING AND MORE NUCLEAR PLANTS, I ASK THIS OF YOU ,HOW MANY OIL SPILLS DO WE NEED BEFORE WE POISON OUR OCEANS BEYOND REPAIR, HAVE'NT WE SEEN ENOUGH OF THESE DISSASTERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN ,ISN'T IT ENOUGH THAT OUR OZONE LAYER WORSTENS EVERY YEAR, DO WE NEED TO PAINT A BULLS EYE IN OUR BACKS WITH MORE NUCLEAR PLANTS,DID'NT THEY GET TO US RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES AND FLATTENED THE TWO WORLD TRADE CENTERS, PAKISTAN WON'T STOP THEIR NUCLEAR WEAPON BUILD UP, OR WORST HOW MANY SHERYNOBOLDS DO WE NEED, WOULD YOU RAISE YOUR CHILDREN WITH PEACE OF MIND LIVING NEXT TO A NUCLEAR PLANT OR WITHIN MILES OF IT'S REACH IF AN INCIDENT WERE TO HAPPEN,OR FEED THEM SEA FOOD FROM AN OCEAN NEAR OIL DRILLING. I SIMPLY ASK YOU TO CONSIDER THIS POINTS , SOME OF YOU MAY SAY THAT OUR THECNOLOGY IS VERY ADVANCED , BUT I SAY TO YOU IT STILL A LONG WAYS FROM PERFECTION, SO PLEASE WHEN AND IF YOU DO VOTE, DO IT FOR YOUR FAMILIES OR BETTER YET FOR THE CHILDREN YOU'LL HAVE IN THE FUTURE, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU MY FRIENDS......

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess not ? still I hope it doesn't mean we can't be so, I'm just of the opinion of why take a chance on the things I mentioned, now it's the time to do something about it, rather than cry and point the finger later when the tragedy is done and nothing can be done then.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
We all have our issues and offshore drilling isn’t one of my deciding factors.

I don’t think anyone will dispute that McCain is much more knowledgeable when it comes to Homeland Security along with many foreign policies(Obama has even said it). I want to feel safe in my country and I will feel much more safe having him in office.

Also Obama’s gun control laws are very extreme and almost idiotic. Taking away responsible gun owners rights will not help keep violence off the streets whatsoever. Cliché here we come, but taking away my 2nd amendment right is exactly what he wants to do.

I’m one that thinks a little rebuilding and reforming is all this country needs in order to get things like education, economy and this countries dept on the right track. NOT spend spend spend. How on earth do you plan to keep the dept down when you plan to spend trillions of extra dollars but not raise taxes? Maybe borrow some more money from China? Yea that’s the ticket…

Also taxing people who make over $250k even more than they are now is completely unfair. Enough of the “lets share the wealth” and “let the wealth trickle down”. I don’t make $250k a year and far from it. Under Obama’s new tax plan, lower to middle class would somehow gain from the “riches” of people who work their asses off to make as much as they do. I’m one that would somehow benefit from that and I still think it’s very unfair to get taxed more based on what you make. Also, $250k is not a lot of money as far as a business goes. There are millions of small businesses that make over $250k and they will have their taxes raised which means they will need to lay people off. Who will get laid off first you ask? The lower to middle class workers. It’s that simple people. I know several small business owners who have told me that same exact thing.

Again these are the issues I look at. Doesn’t make me wrong just because I’m not voting for Obama. I agree with some of what he says, just not enough to vote for the guy. As a registered democrat I’m sad to see a guy like this make the office but to his credit he is miles and miles better than that **** Hillary.

I don't plan on having a long back and forth about politics cause no one ever wins. I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there. :thumbsup:

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts

I don’t think anyone will dispute that McCain is much more knowledgeable when it comes to Homeland Security along with many foreign policies(Obama has even said it). I want to feel safe in my country and I will feel much more safe having him in office.

Also Obama’s gun control laws are very extreme and almost idiotic. Taking away responsible gun owners rights will not help keep violence off the streets whatsoever. Cliché here we come, but taking away my 2nd amendment right is exactly what he wants to do.

I’m one that thinks a little rebuilding and reforming is all this country needs in order to get things like education, economy and this countries dept on the right track. NOT spend spend spend. How on earth do you plan to keep the dept down when you plan to spend trillions of extra dollars but not raise taxes? Maybe borrow some more money from China? Yea that’s the ticket…

Also taxing people who make over $250k even more than they are now is completely unfair. Enough of the “lets share the wealth” and “let the wealth trickle down”. I don’t make $250k a year and far from it. Under Obama’s new tax plan, lower to middle class would somehow gain from the “riches” of people who work their asses off to make as much as they do. I’m one that would somehow benefit from that and I still think it’s very unfair to get taxed more based on what you make. Also, $250k is not a lot of money as far as a business goes. There are millions of small businesses that make over $250k and they will have their taxes raised which means they will need to lay people off. Who will get laid off first you ask? The lower to middle class workers. It’s that simple people. I know several small business owners who have told me that same exact thing.

Again these are the issues I look at. Doesn’t make me wrong just because I’m not voting for Obama. I agree with some of what he says, just not enough to vote for the guy. As a registered democrat I’m sad to see a guy like this make the office but to his credit he is miles and miles better than that **** Hillary.

I don't plan on having a long back and forth about politics cause no one ever wins. I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there. :thumbsup:
Great post Matty. I understand and respect your views on Mccain vs Obama but I honestly Believe Mccain will just keep things going how they're going or get worse, we need to try something different, and Obama is concerned about Homeland Security just not willing to invest soo much in it.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great post I agree with everything mentioned, we do need to be concerned, this is a problem that you may not think affects us but it does
thank you RAW, and that's ecxatly the point nuclear poisoning and ocean contamination is something that has a far reaching effect, and would eventually affect all of us or some near us, Mr Mcain does'nt seem to be too concern with these very real possibilities, and seems determined to push the issue, rather than the safer alternatives of creating our own alternative fuels and cars that would work with them , how much clearer can that be, inependance from foreign OILS and a hell of alot of jobs down here, not made in china crap, wake up people the time is now, the REPUBLICANS had a long time to do things right, they have'nt done anything ecxept bury us in the hole deeper and deeper should I just say FUCKIIT, no I choose to hope, there is something better for us if we use our heads and not allow ourselves to be control by our prejudicies....

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You say Mcain, will make you feel safe, how safe did you feel when they flattened the world trade ecenter, lucky for us the terrorist send only 4 groups, can you inmagine what would've happened had they sended more, the Republican controlled goverment sure did a great job to prevent that did'nt they, don't make me laught, did they finnally find the weapons of mass destruction :laugh: they sure as hell responded rapidly to the new orleans tragedy did'nt they, these you say are the people thaT MAKE YOU FEEL SAFE , FIGHTING STILL A WAR they should have withdraw a long time ago while afganistan and paskistan are getting stronger , and don't forget venezuela that lunatic chavez it's just itching for an excuse to star a war bro wake up and smell the dog **** will yah....:laugh:

·
Registered
841 Posts
AS SOME OF YOU , WHO WATCHED THE LAST DEBATE LAST NIGHT HEARD MR MCAIN INSISTS ON OFF SHORE DRILLING AND MORE NUCLEAR PLANTS, I ASK THIS OF YOU ,HOW MANY OIL SPILLS DO WE NEED BEFORE WE POISON OUR OCEANS BEYOND REPAIR, HAVE'NT WE SEEN ENOUGH OF THESE DISSASTERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN ,ISN'T IT ENOUGH THAT OUR OZONE LAYER WORSTENS EVERY YEAR, DO WE NEED TO PAINT A BULLS EYE IN OUR BACKS WITH MORE NUCLEAR PLANTS,DID'NT THEY GET TO US RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES AND FLATTENED THE TWO WORLD TRADE CENTERS, PAKISTAN WON'T STOP THEIR NUCLEAR WEAPON BUILD UP, OR WORST HOW MANY SHERYNOBOLDS DO WE NEED, WOULD YOU RAISE YOUR CHILDREN WITH PEACE OF MIND LIVING NEXT TO A NUCLEAR PLANT OR WITHIN MILES OF IT'S REACH IF AN INCIDENT WERE TO HAPPEN,OR FEED THEM SEA FOOD FROM AN OCEAN NEAR OIL DRILLING. I SIMPLY ASK YOU TO CONSIDER THIS POINTS , SOME OF YOU MAY SAY THAT OUR THECNOLOGY IS VERY ADVANCED , BUT I SAY TO YOU IT STILL A LONG WAYS FROM PERFECTION, SO PLEASE WHEN AND IF YOU DO VOTE, DO IT FOR YOUR FAMILIES OR BETTER YET FOR THE CHILDREN YOU'LL HAVE IN THE FUTURE, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU MY FRIENDS......
Macain got his ass handed to him last night in the debate. He has no sanity, you could just tell by looking at him that he's nuts, and Palin, this women is mentally retarded and whoever can't see that is as well. Obama will certainly win, and thats a good thing.

Just to comment on some things: Obama wants to drill offshore as well but instead of nuclear power investment he wants to invest in wind, solar, and biofuel.

9/11 had nothing to do with the political party in office hugo, the gov. as a whole screwed up, and that includes the dems. Enough of the blame game.

Matty-It seems like the gun control factor is the main issue that is swaying you. I personally understand because I love guns and have plenty, but. Gun control is a good thing, I don't know if you've been to the EU or not, but you need to see how peaceful things are there without guns everywhere, its bliss knowing that you can use your fists to defend yourself w/out getting shot by some little punk. I think America would be a lot better off without a pistol in everyones hand.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Macain got his ass handed to him last night in the debate. He has no sanity, you could just tell by looking at him that he's nuts, and Palin, this women is mentally retarded and whoever can't see that is as well. Obama will certainly win, and thats a good thing.

Just to comment on some things: Obama wants to drill offshore as well but instead of nuclear power investment he wants to invest in wind, solar, and biofuel.

9/11 had nothing to do with the political party in office hugo, the gov. as a whole screwed up, and that includes the dems. Enough of the blame game.

Matty-It seems like the gun control factor is the main issue that is swaying you. I personally understand because I love guns and have plenty, but. Gun control is a good thing, I don't know if you've been to the EU or not, but you need to see how peaceful things are there without guns everywhere, its bliss knowing that you can use your fists to defend yourself w/out getting shot by some little punk. I think America would be a lot better off without a pistol in everyones hand.
While I cant agree with the first part of the post we can agree to disagree on the rest such as the gun control issue. Gun control is very important indeed but don't take the right to own a gun from every American. Guns are needed especially for home protection. half of home invasions are committed without a gun in hand. You might not have to worry about home invasions where you live but around my house I feel 100% safer having a pistol 5 feet away. Call me overprotective if you will but me and my family will be the last ones to have our lives in jeopardy in the night.

·
Registered
841 Posts
While I cant agree with the first part of the post we can agree to disagree on the rest such as the gun control issue. Gun control is very important indeed but don't take the right to own a gun from every American. Guns are needed especially for home protection. half of home invasions are committed without a gun in hand. You might not have to worry about home invasions where you live but around my house I feel 100% safer having a pistol 5 feet away. Call me overprotective if you will but me and my family will be the last ones to have our lives in jeopardy in the night.
So why don't you just go buy an AK-47 and protect your home with that like I do. Pistols are the problem, their concealable, and easy for crazy minorities and criminals to commit crimes with.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
So why don't you just go buy an AK-47 and protect your home with that like I do. Pistols are the problem, their concealable, and easy for crazy minorities and criminals to commit crimes with.
I don't need an AK-47 to protect my house. A pistol will do the trick and I'm not worried about the crazy minorities. I'm only worried about myself.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Stricter gun control will only do one thing.. Take the guns out of the good guys hands. I have my weapons legally now BUT if that privilege was taken away by crazy politicians I'd STILL have them at the ready. Obviously our law enforcement divisions , who are all under budgetted and understaffed & cannot seem to protect my family,I will do it myself

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

Why cause he was a soldier? The only thing that means is he would probably know when to eat his rations and how to get captured. Obama hasn't said anything about McCain "being" more knowledgaeble, that is a lie in 2 senses; 1- Obama never said that and 2- McCain has shown horrible judgment, so I doubt he's better in homeland security and foriegn policy. Good luck feeling safe with another buffoon in office:thumbsup:, do you feel "safe" now?

Extreme? Dude, have you ever looked up Obama's plans on gun control? Have you ever heard him say something about taking away the 2nd ammendment? You say stupid stuff like this without doing any research (note: no question mark this time). This is the type of stuff Republicans could do to sway the naive (dumb) voters in their favor, fukking lies and gross exaggerations.

Have you been here the last 8 years? Bush (a republican) is the one that has put us at a deficit spending spending spending, while Clinton had a surplus with an excellent budget. What logic are you using? Where does McCain plan on getting money for his programs if he's going to give a 300 Billion dollar tax break to big companies and continue spending 10 Billion dollars a month occupying Iraq? Bush (you know the guy McCain has voted with 90% of the time the last 8 years, that guy) is the one borrowing money from China, where do you fail to see this. Are you actually reading this or are you brain washed beyond belief.

Obama is only planning on raising their taxes to the level they were at in the Clinton administration. You know, when we had a surplus. 1% of the population has 30% of the wealth, fukk them, they should pick up some of the slack for us mothafuukas that are struggling. They will still be more than combfortable after the small tax increase. A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER DOES NOT MAKE 250K, STOP LYING. If you're in the middle class you DO NOT work for a Small businees owners. I want to increase the tax on mothafukkas that are outsourcing jobs, if they don't like it they can leave (which they won't). You don't? Good for you

I agree, but I suggest you delve deeper in your research so you can make your decision based on the facts, not what Fox News and Republicans say. Go to an independent web site, so you can get an unbiased view and make an informed decision.

I can respect that, but as an American citizen, I have to respond, when I see someone spreading misinformation. Not that you did it purposely, but because I want this election to be based on the facts.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Stricter gun control will only do one thing.. Take the guns out of the good guys hands. I have my weapons legally now BUT if that privilege was taken away by crazy politicians I'd STILL have them at the ready. Obviously our law enforcement divisions , who are all under budgetted and understaffed & cannot seem to protect my family,I will do it myself
Was the Asian kid that shot up V Tech one of the good guys? You are getting pissy and exaggerating because wants to do a more extensive background check, taking closer looks at someones mental history before allowing them to buy a gun. When it comes to politics your opinion reeks of hearsay, a word of advice; do some research.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I don't need an AK-47 to protect my house. A pistol will do the trick and I'm not worried about the crazy minorities. I'm only worried about myself.
:dunno: If there isn't a gun in the perpetrator's hand, why would you need one? That's what you have to think like. Think outside of the box for a second and stop being a stubborn republican. If there were no guns, you could actually fight like a man, use a bat, your fists, hell even a damn sword, but with guns, all some little puss that has no reason to live has to do is pull a trigger, pretty easy to do, and frankly has become the thing to do in America. Ask some of the brits in here, they don't have to worry about get plugged by some punk, and they don't have to worry about protecting themselves with a pistol. Like I said if you like guns so much, get yourself a rifle, (and hunt with it instead of thinking about killing somebody with it all the time) but pistols and submachine guns need to go.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Obama said they'll look into it, and that's probably all he'll do, the future is altrnative fuels my friend, oil is a thing of the past, hell they could had a car that runs on water decades ago, but that was quietly squached, and your right about 9/11 god rest their souls, it caught every body with their guard down, I'm just thinking what would be the point of more nuclear plants, that stuff it's just too dangerous who's to say it might be a digruntle employe who deceides to blow the place up and not some terrorits

man you seem paranoid just get your self a mean dog, that way you won't have to worry about shooting any one, you sound like you stand watch at night:laugh:

:laugh::laugh: he'll end up blasting the hole neighboorhod :laugh:

beware of the owner not the dog huh??

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Without going on and on about this bullshit I will answer your questions...

1. No not because he was a soldier, because he understands what goes on in other countries and visits these places unlike Obama.
2. Yes I have in fact heard Obama say he wants to ban all automatic and semi-auto guns which pretty much just leaves the musket available. He has tried to pass many bills to ban gun ownership and If my memory strikes me Illinois has the most restricted gun laws in America and I also believe it is illegal to posses a handgun in Chicago. Who is the Senator there again?
3. 250K is not a lot of money for a business. I'm not talking about husband and wife selling dumb **** on the internet small business. I'm talking small home repair companies, nail salons etc..... That money is taxed BEFORE rent, employee pay and bills are paid. Again, Not a lot of money. Not sure where your from.
4. I have done as much research as one average 9-5 mon-fri Joe can. I listen to a lot of radio, watch a lot of tv, read a lot of news papers and read a lot of books. Other than that your right, I haven't done a lot of research. You must have a lot of extra time on. Maybe you can work on the cure for cancer now.

I know at this point McCain isn't getting into office. Just don't come crying to me when this "Change" doesn't happen as drastically as you all think its going to. That is all I'm going to say about this garbage. MCCAIN 2008!!!!!

Go Pavlik!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts