Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

It seems that many parks in the united states don't allow adults to workout using the park equipment. There is a move now to start training bodyweight, using the simple equipment such as pull ups and monkey bars available in city parks. Most parks say that an adult must have a child with him to enter a park. In many cases park workers and cops harrass individuals who calmly enjoy their fitness in the park environment.

There is a petition make to the US government, please sigh it and support the cause for gym free training anywhere.

Use of PlayGround for Adults Petition

Thank you for your support.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
The majority of adults going to parks without kids are there for mischievous reasons. Signing a petition to allow adults to use the parks will take the authority out of the cops hands to deal with the real danger of child predators, vagrants, drug abusers/dealers, etc.

I think these people should buy a $20 chin up bar and install it in there bedroom doorway when they want to do pull-ups instead of giving cops a hard time about questioning the individuals who look suspect in the park. A petition like this, while beneficial to the "handful" of people who will want to exercise using the playground monkeybars, will actually compromise the safety of our parks. If you had a child playing in the park, you sure as hell wouldnt want any seedy individuals floating around.

No offense but I think that petition is absurd, IMHO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's ok. Just spend a $100 of our tax money and build a pull up bar in non-kid section. We don't want the kids to be hurt. We just want a small piece of the taxes. If they drop thousands of bombs and each costs millions. Is it too bad to ask for a few dollars to be spent on fitness?

·
Registered
4 Posts
there's a lot of things u get harrassed for these days... so as hard as it is i think u just gotta find ur own space and when people harrass u just move on to a less popular place... maybe some distance from the city, or maybe in ur own home?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts