Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
a lot of it is true.

hatton only disrespects himself though when he goes up 45 pounds. i think it's mroe like 35 but man gotta understand he's getting to 30 years old. that's when smaller guys lose their peak since the smaller weights you need to punch a lot more and are faster.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a lot of it is true.

hatton only disrespects himself though when he goes up 45 pounds. i think it's mroe like 35 but man gotta understand he's getting to 30 years old. that's when smaller guys lose their peak since the smaller weights you need to punch a lot more and are faster.

Hatton does not disrespect the sport of boxing.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
yeah that's why i said he only disrespects his own body.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Look I don't give a **** what the guy does on his time off. As long as the fighter trains hard and fights hard when its time to I really could care less if he gains 50 pounds. Don't see why people would make a deal out of it.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
God those guys were crap. Hatton makes a mockery of the sport when he goes up 35 pounds between fights :laugh: The fans aren't bothered, he ain't someone like Trinidad who moved up the weightclasses looking fatter and fatter. Ricky's actually just gone back down to 140. They also say that Floyd is more dedicated :laugh: I don't mind most of Floyd's antics, they promote the sport a lot of the time, but they say that he's always dedicated, always in shape blah blah. If so, why ain't he fighting. Also, when they talk about Floyd's dedication, they were using it to have a go at Ricky. They can't say he blows up 45 pounds then say he ain't dedicated. The effort must be immense to burn off those pounds. Not many people mention how hard it may be for Hatton to make weight because he's blowing up between fights. That's because he always manages to make weight quite well. Also saying that Lazcano should have won is ridiculous. He fought a great fight, but he never missed a REAL chance :D Also, he can't really be making a "mockery" of boxing when he's taking 35,000 to Vegas and 55,000 for the "Homecoming" can he?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
a lot of it is true.

I agree. Hell, I am 30 now, and I feel like I can to all the things i used to, but every now and then I get these little aches that are starting to tell me my prime time is close to it's down hill. Hatton needs to keep in shape and start learning some of teh "vet moves" if he wants to stay on top.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
YouTube - Guard Your Grill Boxing Ep 55 "The Milli Vanilli Show" Pt 2

"Hatton disrespects boxing Mayweather doesnt"

"Hatton makes a mockery of boxing"
They are going a little overboard but the point is people say Floyd is disrespecting himslelf and the sport of boxing when he appears in dancing with the stars or the WWE but the guy stays in tremendeous shape all year long. Hatton is used to balooning up in weight between fights so it doesn't affect his game for now (it's gonna take its toll eventually) but the fatman image is not good for boxing. People must be thinking "what kind of athlete puts on 40 pounds of fat in a few months while being in activity???".

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Nobody can question a boxer's fitness in a fight. Most fighters are in top shape for fights :thumbsup:, unfourtunately not all :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Thoes guys are retarded. Ive never seen hatton come out of shape in a fight, hes never failed a drug test hes not in the news for raping girls and stuff like that wich is more than i can say for some people :) Hatton is not the best out there but hes hard working and a good role model for younger fighters coming up, you could only wish some fighters trained as hard as Ricky.

But they were right about the fight analysis, and how he jumps in with the hook, but Hatton isnt making a mockery of boxing.

Oh and if i add another thing i dont really think that hes embracing the fact that he blows up between fights i think hes making fun of people that think thats the reason for him losing and saying its takin its toll on him.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Thoes guys are retarded. Ive never seen hatton come out of shape in a fight, hes never failed a drug test hes not in the news for raping girls and stuff like that wich is more than i can say for some people :) Hatton is not the best out there but hes hard working and a good role model for younger fighters coming up, you could only wish some fighters trained as hard as Ricky.

But they were right about the fight analysis, and how he jumps in with the hook, but Hatton isnt making a mockery of boxing.

Oh and if i add another thing i dont really think that hes embracing the fact that he blows up between fights i think hes making fun of people that think thats the reason for him losing and saying its takin its toll on him.
I think he's proud of it and it adds to his regular guy image and his marketabilty because a lot of people can relate to a guy that likes to drink and eat an awful lot.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Exactly, it's a dig at the critics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are going a little overboard but the point is people say Floyd is disrespecting himslelf and the sport of boxing when he appears in dancing with the stars or the WWE but the guy stays in tremendeous shape all year long. Hatton is used to balooning up in weight between fights so it doesn't affect his game for now (it's gonna take its toll eventually) but the fatman image is not good for boxing. People must be thinking "what kind of athlete puts on 40 pounds of fat in a few months while being in activity???".

I think the fact he gives up so much when training he lets himself go.

I actually dont think he goes that much over the top i think he just stacks the pounds very easy just as Duran did.

Calzaghe admitts to constant kebabs and beers when not fighting, infact his girlfriend said on TV that when not training he drinks every day.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those guys are total tools they say Haye is over-rated Cunningham under-rated and the true liniar 200lb champion.

They also scored Hopkins/Calzaghe for Hopkins.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I think the fact he gives up so much when training he lets himself go.

I actually dont think he goes that much over the top i think he just stacks the pounds very easy just as Duran did.

Calzaghe admitts to constant kebabs and beers when not fighting, infact his girlfriend said on TV that when not training he drinks every day.
Calzaghe's tall and lanky frame allows him to do that. Hatton is very short and stocky for his weight that's why he baloons up quickly. It can be because of his genetics too.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
God those guys were crap. Hatton makes a mockery of the sport when he goes up 35 pounds between fights :laugh: The fans aren't bothered, he ain't someone like Trinidad who moved up the weightclasses looking fatter and fatter. Ricky's actually just gone back down to 140. They also say that Floyd is more dedicated :laugh: I don't mind most of Floyd's antics, they promote the sport a lot of the time, but they say that he's always dedicated, always in shape blah blah. If so, why ain't he fighting. Also, when they talk about Floyd's dedication, they were using it to have a go at Ricky. They can't say he blows up 45 pounds then say he ain't dedicated. The effort must be immense to burn off those pounds. Not many people mention how hard it may be for Hatton to make weight because he's blowing up between fights. That's because he always manages to make weight quite well. Also saying that Lazcano should have won is ridiculous. He fought a great fight, but he never missed a REAL chance :D Also, he can't really be making a "mockery" of boxing when he's taking 35,000 to Vegas and 55,000 for the "Homecoming" can he?
Floyd wishes he was half the draw Hatton is. Hattons fans love him most folk at mayweathers fights hope to see him get beat lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Calzaghe's tall and lanky frame allows him to do that. Hatton is very short and stocky for his weight that's why he baloons up quickly. It can be because of his genetics too.

I think it is genetics i remember Hagler always partying but never looking fat.

Muhammad Ali also put on a lot of weight inbetween fights, so did Lennox Lewis yet Ray Leonard mr beer, women, coke guy never ever looked an once overweight.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Floyd wishes he was half the draw Hatton is. Hattons fans love him most folk at mayweathers fights hope to see him get beat lol

Hattons style is very fan friendly.

It helps that he comes accross 100% dedicated and a very nice guy.

But to say he shames boxing yet praise Floyd is pretty criminal.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I think it is genetics i remember Hagler always partying but never looking fat.

Muhammad Ali also put on a lot of weight inbetween fights, so did Lennox Lewis yet Ray Leonard mr beer, women, coke guy never ever looked an once overweight.
Ali and Lewis are very tall and Leonard was a gym freak. I think Hatton just stops going to the gym or having any kind of exercise for 2 months straight and the others guys don't.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those GYGB guys cain Hatton for having a laugh wearing a fat suit yet praise Mayweather for coming down like a gladiator then throw money into the crowd.

Man these guys are worse than Boxing4Real at least we could laugh at them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts