Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remember me, the dude with the bad eye well guys it just got wors some bad news 2day the eye is 10% and yes it is a lazy eye and even do they said its not fixible we are trying to get it a bit better with eye threapy. By any chance if i'am willing to take the risk will the english board or any other board let me pass!

Any help would be great also any boxers with this problem!

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm just curious, do you love the sport so much that you're willing to risk your eye site , is there any other sport that would fullfill you and not be as dangerous to your health...:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just curious, do you love the sport so much that you're willing to risk your eye site , is there any other sport that would fullfill you and not be as dangerous to your health...:(
who knows dude but if i wanted to take the risk would they past me?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I bet you can box in Mexico but I wouldnt risk it. You could get seriously hurt bro

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
who knows dude but if i wanted to take the risk would they past me?
I would think not if they take their jobs seriously, I'm sure they wouln'd want to held liable if something bad were to happen, who knows maybe if you signed a waiver absolving them from any responsability, but in all seriousness that is probably highly unlikely.... good luck cotto..

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
If one eye is 10% id be very suprised if they let you fight, your really fighting at a massive disadvantage bro. The British board generally are quite strict too, i think.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You might not be able to compete but you can still train at a gym, hit the heavybag and maybe even spar a little. I sparred with a guy who didn't have any muscle on one side of his midsection so my coach told me to only hit him in the head. So you can still train like any other boxer and spar occasionally and tell the guys not to hit you too hard.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Yeah they can wear over sized gloves, so you can spot'em with the good eye and you wear baggloves to even the odds...

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
If one eye is 10% id be very suprised if they let you fight, your really fighting at a massive disadvantage bro. The British board generally are quite strict too, i think.
Leeds I remember many years ago talking to old time british HW Bruce Woodcock he claimed he fought 3 times when he was blind in one eye.
He said he fought Freddie Mills when he only saw out of one eye too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts