Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched replay of the Cory Spinks/Vernon Phillips
bout last night.I have to say, the commentator Colonel Bob Sheridan is one of the worst commentators around,despite his many years of experience and having called numerous world title fights-Its time for this guy to hang up his mike-Spinks did nothing in this match,Phillips being the aggressor throughout
and thoroughly deserving the decision (which shouldnt have been split)Sheridan was convinced Spinks deserved the decision-I guess he summed it up pretty well when he said " he should go back to boxing school" or something to that effect anyway.
Give me Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore anyday-guys like Sheridan really detract from the enjoyment.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I like the Colonel. I met him once. Cool as fukk. He gets a little excited when he commentates. But I think he calls a good fight.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Stinx got robbed and he called it they way he saw it.

No freaking way Verno won that fight and i cant believe anyone scored it for Verno ( exept the judges) and im pretty sure everyone on this board had it for Stinx aswell. Robbery if i ever knew one.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Sheridans good in my book. He does a lot of the HBO broadcasts for Setanta sports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts