Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already talked to the staff about this. So you are next.

I need your help. Do you think we can stop most of the drama that is going on here?

How do we do that?

Well for one thing this is a boxing forum. That means, we talk about boxing and boxers. All is fair when it comes down to that. Where we veer off of the track is when someone says something about a boxer that someone else loves, so to defends that boxer, name calling, belittling, personal exchanges go back and forth. Do you think that is ok?

How do we stop it? Simple. We dont want personal exhanges at all. There has been way too much of that so far. Staff vs posters, posters vs posters, and even sometimes staff and former staff vs staff.

We talk about sports/boxing...not each other. Opinions about each other are divisive and speculative and never lead to constructive things. Never. So why do it?

Some of you have contacted me, (as you should by the way) and pointed out that staff do things that posters cant do. You were right. So I talked to the staff first. They are going to try and work on it. So Can I ask you to help me out and try and do the same in return?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, if something happens that you don't like, contact any of the staff members and they will do their best to help you out. Don't take it into your own hands, or just ignore it all together.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not calling out any names, but some posters are still carrying grudges and making saying things about staff and each other.

I asked for you to contact me, via pm so maybe I can help. You need to take advantage of that because continued posting in that manner will not be allowed to go on especially if it is ongoing.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Not calling out any names, but some posters are still carrying grudges and making saying things about staff and each other.

I asked for you to contact me, via pm so maybe I can help. You need to take advantage of that because continued posting in that manner will not be allowed to go on especially if it is ongoing.
I'm with you 100% I'm here to talk boxing with fellow boxing addicts.
If any problems do arise I surely will contact you TBF
Thanks

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

We'll be in touch.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

trueblue has shown he is true to his word. He takes no sides and takes the appropriate action. I have 100% faith in him.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

Stop deleting threads

If a thread is going south "lock it" and say why it’s locked
This is the only forum that makes a habit of deleting threads.
Stuff like this hurts the integrity of the forum.

As far as Drama it’s on every forum that’s what happens when you have deferent personalities coming together.
The problem is the childish stuff that "we" bring into it (name calling and personal insults)

Also the banning stuff for dumb things.
1-poaching- every one here knows about the other sites its no secret. But yet you still have a hard core base of posters. If a new guy comes over poaching he might end up staying because of the core base that we have but instead he gets banned. "Got rid of another potential member":confused:

Anyway I know I am alone on all of this so I’ll shut up now.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree with you Dave. Some threads must be deleted and are not in our control. There is a moderator handbook that we must follow. If you have any problems PM me and I will do everything I can to fix them. If I've ever been salty towards you I apologize sincerely. We all have our bad days. I value you as a member.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I agree with you Dave. Some threads must be deleted and are not in our control. There is a moderator handbook that we must follow. If you have any problems PM me and I will do everything I can to fix them. If I've ever been salty towards you I apologize sincerely. We all have our bad days. I value you as a member.

Cool.
You do have a knack for rubbing me the wrong way but that’s irrelevant.:D

If the "book" says you must delete then you are not the problem the problem is the Book. But asking to delete just because is a problem.

Maybe the top dog can make use of the Lock thread function instead of the delete function.

Also get rid of that dumb "edit" button let it be written in stone.
Miss spelled words who cares repost with a fix. You guys are still getting the hits. And that’s what really matters anyway.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Cool.
You do have a knack for rubbing me the wrong way but that’s irrelevant.:D

If the "book" says you must delete then you are not the problem the problem is the Book. But asking to delete just because is a problem.

Maybe the top dog can make use of the Lock thread function instead of the delete function.

Also get rid of that dumb "edit" button let it be written in stone.
Miss spelled words who cares repost with a fix. You guys are still getting the hits. And that’s what really matters anyway.
Dave, I whole heartedly agree with you about the deleted threads. Locking it to prevent it from running wild and giving a reason is a fair solution, and a good idea.

The "EDIT" is a built in function and is used on virtually every forum on the net. I've used it countless times to correct errors, or to add something I forgot without creating another post.

As far as deleting poaching threads, the very reason it is done is because it takes traffic away fro this site by having members directed to a 'competitors' site. I would probably just delete the thread and PM the person asking them not to post "poaching" threads. This is certainly a judgement thing because there are plenty of guys who link to sources and articles that you cant just copy and paste for copywrite reasons amongst other things. Judgement has to be used to determine the intent of the poster. Obviously if a guy has 4 posts and they are all links to another site, chances are hes just here to divert traffic for his own agenda, and not to contribute to the forum. In those cases, points have to be given for repeated offenses for the good of the site. If its a member who is doing it unintentionally, then I would just make them aware of it.

You are correct that we dont want to lose members here, we want to continue to grow the site and give everyone their shot at contributing to the discussions.

TrueBlueFan has been very reasonable, fair, and also very accessible to help out with issues :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Dave, I whole heartedly agree with you about the deleted threads. Locking it to prevent it from running wild and giving a reason is a fair solution, and a good idea.

The "EDIT" is a built in function and is used on virtually every forum on the net. I've used it countless times to correct errors, or to add something I forgot without creating another post.

As far as deleting poaching threads, the very reason it is done is because it takes traffic away fro this site by having members directed to a 'competitors' site. I would probably just delete the thread and PM the person asking them not to post "poaching" threads. This is certainly a judgement thing because there are plenty of guys who link to sources and articles that you cant just copy and paste for copywrite reasons amongst other things. Judgement has to be used to determine the intent of the poster. Obviously if a guy has 4 posts and they are all links to another site, chances are hes just here to divert traffic for his own agenda, and not to contribute to the forum. In those cases, points have to be given for repeated offenses for the good of the site. If its a member who is doing it unintentionally, then I would just make them aware of it.

You are correct that we dont want to lose members here, we want to continue to grow the site and give everyone their shot at contributing to the discussions.

TrueBlueFan has been very reasonable, fair, and also very accessible to help out with issues :thumbsup:

Poaching threads I agree with you 1000% delete them, edit them and or lock them.

But poachers let them stick around they might stay and contribute. Like I said we all know about the other sites and yet we are still here right.

on the edit thing let me use the lamest example.
i place a big bet with a TJ that Floyd will loose to Cotto and after Cotto TKO's Floyd TJ comes on and edits his post now what?:D
my quote of his post is useless since i can edit the quote.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
trueblue has shown he is true to his word. He takes no sides and takes the appropriate action. I have 100% faith in him.
I agree he's an OK guy in my book He'll put an end the silliness i'm sure

1 - 20 of 46 Posts