Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Now, the focus is on Williams defending his belt against Delvin Rodriguez (23-2-1, 14 KOs), who was offered the fight this week and withdrew from a Friday bout in the Dominican Republic because his team didn't want to take any chances. It would be Rodriguez's first fight since July, when he scored an 11th-round knockout win against Oscar Diaz, who suffered a severe brain injury and spent two months in a coma."-espn.com

While Delvin Rodriquez impressed me against Oscar Diaz and I'd rather see this fight than PW against Michael Jennings, I don't think Paul Williams fans (such as myself) can be very happy about this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It really sucks. If PW is going to be forced into fighting relative unknowns, he might as well go up to 154 and grab every belt in the division.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I can honestly see this guy jumping around in a few weight classes, waiting on fights. He didn't do anything special to get to 160 other than eat more according to him. Supposedly, and I believe him, he can get right back to 147 with no trouble.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Since no one wants to fight Williams I got an idea.

He goes to 154, KOs Santos, holds the belt in the air, and then stares into the camera as he gives a special shout out to Margarito.
If he did that Margarito would just fight Cotto 5 more times. That would make me laugh my ass off though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't wait for Williams to get Quintana'd again. I used to kind of like him but now he's being overrated to the max. 'The next Hearns' was the final straw. :laugh:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
NOBODY wants Williams, and I don't blame them. These guys are looking for fights while Williams is out there STOPPING guys at 160. :laugh:

Aww c'mon Shane that guy Williams Ko'd at 160 was just a patsy with a built up record. He was scared to death, Fight should never have been sanctioned.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I can't wait for Williams to get Quintana'd again. I used to kind of like him but now he's being overrated to the max. 'The next Hearns' was the final straw. :laugh:
I just want to see him DO something not TALK about doing it.
If he fights Clottey or Margarito and beats them I'll be the first to congratulate him and call him champ. Till then the jury is out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If he fights Clottey or Margarito and beats them I'll be the first to congratulate him and call him champ. Till then the jury is out
If he beats Clottey and Margarito I'll give him alot of credit aswell. In 36 fights all he has done is win a close decision against an off form Margarito. Well, that and beat the most avoided man at 160, the great Andy Kolle. All this crap about everyone now being scared of Williams is beyond laugable.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I can honestly see this guy jumping around in a few weight classes, waiting on fights. He didn't do anything special to get to 160 other than eat more according to him. Supposedly, and I believe him, he can get right back to 147 with no trouble.
What? No he can't. He's probably been doing a better job of keeping his weight down and learned alot from the first Quintana fight, but you can't tell off of one performance at welter. He's had to dry himself out to the max to get down to 147.

He goes to 154, KOs Santos, holds the belt in the air, and then stares into the camera as he gives a special shout out to Margarito.
You say it so easy, like Santos is an easy target, he's probably the toughest out in that division. With the same dimensions Paul has, a 6'1, 6'2 southpaw, only thing is that Santos is a better counter puncher. Williams could beat em though, but it'd be far from as easy as you make it sound.
If he beats Clottey and Margarito I'll give him alot of credit aswell. In 36 fights all he has done is win a close decision against an off form Margarito. Well, that and beat the most avoided man at 160, the great Andy Kolle. All this crap about everyone now being scared of Williams is beyond laugable.
Actually, it's not they got base to what they say. The fighters themselves are probably not scared of him, but promoters, managers, and advisers, don't want their fighter in with him.

What's laughable is that their calling a duck, the guy that has consistently fought everyone, from up and comers to established fighters, and most to all of them in their prime. Their calling the guy that has beaten people's asses everytime they get in the ring with him, even in losses it's close and he punishes whoever is in the ring with him. The last welterweight that should be called on for avoiding, it's one of the biggest cases of reaching ever to be made in boxing.

What's even more laughable is that most of the people doing the avoiding are Floyd fans. The guy that stopped taking challenges 4 weight divisions ago. The ducker of all duckers, your favorite avoiders' favorite avoider. :laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
NOBODY wants Williams, and I don't blame them. These guys are looking for fights while Williams is out there STOPPING guys at 160. :laugh:
It really sucks. If PW is going to be forced into fighting relative unknowns, he might as well go up to 154 and grab every belt in the division.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If he did that Margarito would just fight Cotto 5 more times. That would make me laugh my ass off though.
Me too man.

You may be waiting for an awful long time.

Aww c'mon Shane that guy Williams Ko'd at 160 was just a patsy with a built up record. He was scared to death, Fight should never have been sanctioned.
Why don't you check his boxrec page........

The man talks once and now your labeling him already as someone who just runs his mouth. The dude beat MARGARITO ALREADY!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts