7. RAFAEL MARQUEZ
Bantamweight
8. RICKY HATTON
Junior Welterweight/Welterweight
9. JOSE LUIS CASTILLO
Junior Welterweight
10. JOE CALZAGHE
Super Middleweight.

What are your thoughts and who shouldn't be here?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i would put joe calzaghe in the top 5. he,s a long time champ and won his carrer defining fight against lacy. but the list you have is prety acurate.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hopkins is retired so he should not be on the list.

I dont really think Hatton should be in there either.

What about Ivan Calderon, or the Marquez bros? Vic Darchinyan ?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i would say hatton deserves his place. he beat a legend in kostya and will be fighting for his fourth title in as many fights. i would say hatton and margarito are the only two guys who could beat mayweather.

·
Registered
443 Posts
What exactly does pound for pound mean?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, Jones Jr is considered one of the best pound for pound, so is Robinson and Leonard.

·
Registered
286 Posts
list

This is a very good list so I won't be to picky.......There are always middles and welter that go up and down.....but overall it looks good

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
mtt_c said:
DHB reports that the latest p-4-p list goes like this:
POUND-FOR-POUND
1. FLOYD MAYWEATHER
Welterweight
2. WINKY WRIGHT
Middleweight
3. MANNY PACQUIAO
Junior Lightweight
4. JERMAIN TAYLOR
Middleweight
5. BERNARD HOPKINS
Light Heavyweight
6. MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA
Junior Lightweight
7. RAFAEL MARQUEZ
Bantamweight
8. RICKY HATTON
Junior Welterweight/Welterweight
9. JOSE LUIS CASTILLO
Junior Welterweight
10. JOE CALZAGHE
Super Middleweight.

What are your thoughts and who shouldn't be here?
4- has 3 Ws that should be 2-Ls and at best maybe one D
8-just got a Gift.
9-Needs to make weight first LOL

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I agree, Jermain Taylor should have had 2 losses. Both to Hopkins.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ill have a go at this i know some will be shocked but here goes.
#1 winky wright
#2 joe calzaghe
#3 manny pac
#4 floyd mayweather
#5 ricky hatton
#6 jermain taylor
#7 marco antonio barrera
#8 jose luis castillo
#9 rafael marquez
#10 antonio margarito

i think floyd mayweathers a great boxer but the reason i haven,t got him higher on my list is his opponent selection since castillo.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i think he,s got a lot to answer for not taking the margarito fight when 8m was offered to him. the only reason he isn,t #1 on my list has been him not fighting kostya while he was at 140 and fighting zab after baldomir had beaten him. i actualy think margarito and hatton have the style to beat him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i dont think he should be to proud of the last 4 years since castillo.the 3 names that spring to mind are sharmba,gatti and zab. sharmba had been beaten bt kostya gatti he said he fought for the strap he could have fought the real champ kostya for his and zab had just lost to baldomir. now he,s fighting baldomir but again he should fight the man at the weight who i think is margarito. i understand there was an 8m offer made which would have been a carrer best for floyd. that doesn,t sound like a p4p best to me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
tommygunn said:
i dont think he should be to proud of the last 4 years since castillo.the 3 names that spring to mind are sharmba,gatti and zab. sharmba had been beaten bt kostya gatti he said he fought for the strap he could have fought the real champ kostya for his and zab had just lost to baldomir. now he,s fighting baldomir but again he should fight the man at the weight who i think is margarito. i understand there was an 8m offer made which would have been a carrer best for floyd. that doesn,t sound like a p4p best to me.
Tommy-
Well,I cut him a little slack on the 8 Mill because he was angling for a much tougher fight(IMO)that probably would've paid him even more against De La Hoya(that's debateable on his pay,but I don't think it is that DLH is a tougher fight)....and that supposed 8 Million offer came from Arum,who's known for talking out of both sides of his mouth and who also was trying to make it look like he was doing something for his fighter rather than just letting him sit.

To be honest,I'm not as sold on Margarito as some are,he's followed up his big KO over the green Cintron with a single win over 10 fight loser Manuel Gomez,and if anyone is ducking anyone,it's Margarito ducking another go with Daniel Santos. He complains that no one will fight him,but he goes silent when that name comes up. Not to give you a tough time,but I just don't see what Margarito's done to be among the elite,he better be worried about Joshua Clottey and getting upset there in Dec.

Dave

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Dave Murphy said:
Tommy-
Well,I cut him a little slack on the 8 Mill because he was angling for a much tougher fight(IMO)that probably would've paid him even more against De La Hoya(that's debateable on his pay,but I don't think it is that DLH is a tougher fight)....and that supposed 8 Million offer came from Arum,who's known for talking out of both sides of his mouth and who also was trying to make it look like he was doing something for his fighter rather than just letting him sit.

To be honest,I'm not as sold on Margarito as some are,he's followed up his big KO over the green Cintron with a single win over 10 fight loser Manuel Gomez,and if anyone is ducking anyone,it's Margarito ducking another go with Daniel Santos. He complains that no one will fight him,but he goes silent when that name comes up. Not to give you a tough time,but I just don't see what Margarito's done to be among the elite,he better be worried about Joshua Clottey and getting upset there in Dec.

Dave
holy shhhht i just called my cuz to see if you wher him. and you are not.
he has been telling me the same exact thing about margarito getting rated on one fight.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
tommygunn said:
i gotta a gree.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts