Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch this fight? Sykes was a disgrace. Holding at every opportunity, going down before serious punchers landed and the KO punch didn't even look to land clean, he looked like he could have got up IMO.

I don't really like Povetkin's chances against Klitschko, that fight is being talked about for December.

G

·
Skyes didn't want to fight. The ref had to pull him up at one stage. :laugh: The KO was pathetic. Povetkin has no chance against Wlad.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
he only got paid 50k so he was taking a knee. worse of all he had a good opportuinty to get some money etc. unless he had a oliver mccal situation where he is mentally distressed.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Povetkin is a gold medalist but rushing on Klitschko isnt really the way to go.. He couldnt get rid of Chambers and ate way too many punches in that fight. I think he doesnt stand a chance against Wlad.

The guy needs serious improvements.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Povetkin is a gold medalist but rushing on Klitschko isnt really the way to go.. He couldnt get rid of Chambers and ate way too many punches in that fight. I think he doesnt stand a chance against Wlad.

The guy needs serious improvements.
15-0 is abit premature for someone like wlad. that fight hasn't shown me a lot of what povetkin can do vs wlad, but he does seem like he will get out jabbed easily. wlad is abit faster than him too i feel.

G

·
I liked when Povetkin hit Skyes with a feeble body shot, Skyes went down and then the ref ruled it a 'no knockdown'...the look on Skyes face was priceless, he was actually pissed off that the ref didn't give him a count lol. Has to go down as one of the weakest efforts ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone watch this fight? Sykes was a disgrace. Holding at every opportunity, going down before serious punchers landed and the KO punch didn't even look to land clean, he looked like he could have got up IMO.

I don't really like Povetkin's chances against Klitschko, that fight is being talked about for December.
Povetkin will need premium condition to out muscle the bigger man , when Wlad tries to clinch Sasha needs to be able to break free and fight, this takes much energy so conditioning is paramount ,

. , the positives for Povetkin is the work rate, and determination , I've seen him "will" his way through fatigue pretty good. and his combination punching is very nice , I think jumping on Klitchko early is the key. Klitchko is very clumsy on the back foot, a pressure fighter with a punch and high determination should have some good results .

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Povetkin will need premium condition to out muscle the bigger man , when Wlad tries to clinch Sasha needs to be able to break free and fight, this takes much energy so conditioning is paramount ,

. , the positives for Povetkin is the work rate, and determination , I've seen him "will" his way through fatigue pretty good. and his combination punching is very nice , I think jumping on Klitchko early is the key. Klitchko is very clumsy on the back foot, a pressure fighter with a punch and high determination should have some good results .
I agree, if he can keep him on his back foot from round 1, he could get him out of there by mid rounds. Will Povekin's chin be able to stand up to Klits right hand and can he slip past his long jab those will be 2 of the biggest factors, taking Povetkin's style into account if he can do that, he gets an upset, but those are big if's

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I saw this fight yesterday morning. No way Povetkin goes 12 with Wlad. Wlad is going to smash him
Have you converted it to DVD yet? I need to see it

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

Wow, fantastic post man. I absolutely agree with all of this. If, by some miracle, Povetkin can get Wlad moving backwards a lot he will be able to got all over him. I just think Wlad will keep him at bay with the jab and those straight rights. I'd like to see Wlad mix in some hooks, crosses, and body work.
Sykes was a disgrace. He should NOT get his purse.
Sykes is trash.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts