Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Cotto

Votes: 8 50.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be the Vargas that fought Felix Trinidad, Iron chin, brutal knockout power, cruiserweight strength(look at when he pushes De La Hoya and Mosley around like litte kids), slick elusiveness(bent his back so far sometimes it looked as though he was 90degrees, moved around aswell as good countering) possibly the best raw talented fighter i've ever seen in my life against Miguel Cotto who fought Margarito, I say this because Cotto would most definatelly have to fight the same fight, if he trys to bang with Vargas he will lose, only one person has stood toe to toe with Vargas and won and that was purely because of his devastating power

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
This would be the Vargas that fought Felix Trinidad, Iron chin, brutal knockout power, cruiserweight strength(look at when he pushes De La Hoya and Mosley around like litte kids), slick elusiveness(bent his back so far sometimes it looked as though he was 90degrees, moved around aswell as good countering) possibly the best raw talented fighter i've ever seen in my life against Miguel Cotto who fought Margarito, I say this because Cotto would most definatelly have to fight the same fight, if he trys to bang with Vargas he will lose, only one person has stood toe to toe with Vargas and won and that was purely because of his devastating power
That'll be the roids :laugh::cop:.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Cotto TKO11 IMO. Vargas would land some good shots early, but Cotto's body shots would wear Vargas down and KO him in the 11th.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fernando Vargas was the most talented fighter since the turn of the century as far as raw talent goes(tangibles + intangibles) By the time he fought De La Hoya he already had multiple back surgerys and yet De la Hoya had to practically run from him for atleast the first 9rounds until he started slowing down, for those who weren't around or weren't fans at the time then they wont know what I am talking about, I was there and I saw this kid shoot up the rankings while still being teen and what he accomplished by the age of 25 was beyond belief, having already fought names like Trinidad, Raul Marquez, Ronald Winky Wright, Ike Quartey, Oscar De La Hoya. He was mismanaged in similar way to mike tyson and for those who were around at the time saw that he showed the kind of promise that only a mike tyson or a muhammad ali shows, thats why all these great fighters wanted to fight him so early in his career. Anyway I believe he would bully Cotto around the ring and just outpunch and outwill him before knocking him out in about the 8th or 9th, cotto doesn't have the elusiveness of a defensive de la hoya and vargas certainly had his way with him for the majority of their fight before the ko, vargas would beat cotto worse than margarito beat him

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Fernando Vargas was the most talented fighter since the turn of the century as far as raw talent goes(tangibles + intangibles) By the time he fought De La Hoya he already had multiple back surgerys and yet De la Hoya had to practically run from him for atleast the first 9rounds until he started slowing down, for those who weren't around or weren't fans at the time then they wont know what I am talking about, I was there and I saw this kid shoot up the rankings while still being teen and what he accomplished by the age of 25 was beyond belief, having already fought names like Trinidad, Raul Marquez, Ronald Winky Wright, Ike Quartey, Oscar De La Hoya. He was mismanaged in similar way to mike tyson and for those who were around at the time saw that he showed the kind of promise that only a mike tyson or a muhammad ali shows, thats why all these great fighters wanted to fight him so early in his career. Anyway I believe he would bully Cotto around the ring and just outpunch and outwill him before knocking him out in about the 8th or 9th, cotto doesn't have the elusiveness of a defensive de la hoya and vargas certainly had his way with him for the majority of their fight before the ko, vargas would beat cotto worse than margarito beat him
Good post. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Great post, and i agree. Vargas was a superbly gifted fighter and a 154lber, too big and strong for Cotto. He'd stop him IMO.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cotto gets KTFOed. True story.

Prime Vargas was a legit Junior Middleweight, too big, too strong. Cotto's jaw too suspect.
Obama, i agree. Anyone who truly believes a big junior welter/smallish welter would have any chance against a 154lb Vargas before he was hurt is shitting themselves.

I can't believe anyone actually voted for cotto. Those of you who did should admit your nuthuggery now or be looked upon with contempt and disdain by fellow boxing fans for being retarded enough to believe that a prime vs prime between the caguas crusher and Feroz would be anything but a KO for Vargas.

I remember when Vargas and Winky fought, was a tight fight that could have gone either way. You telling me that a man who fought winky when noone else wanted to and decisioned him, fought him close, would have any qualms with Cotto? Hell no.

So, out yourselves you boxing know it alls, for being so blinded by the nuts your hugging to actually know what boxing is.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Obama, i agree. Anyone who truly believes a big junior welter/smallish welter would have any chance against a 154lb Vargas before he was hurt is shitting themselves.

I can't believe anyone actually voted for cotto. Those of you who did should admit your nuthuggery now or be looked upon with contempt and disdain by fellow boxing fans for being retarded enough to believe that a prime vs prime between the caguas crusher and Feroz would be anything but a KO for Vargas.

I remember when Vargas and Winky fought, was a tight fight that could have gone either way. You telling me that a man who fought winky when noone else wanted to and decisioned him, fought him close, would have any qualms with Cotto? Hell no.

So, out yourselves you boxing know it alls, for being so blinded by the nuts your hugging to actually know what boxing is.
Damn Banky...little harsh no? :laugh:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: I'm not hugging nothing i just didn't watch a lot of Vargas fights i just watched the ones with Oscar, Tito and Mosley and remember he was a quitter. It's not okay to assume

·
Registered
445 Posts
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: I'm not hugging nothing i just didn't watch a lot of Vargas fights i just watched the ones with Oscar, Tito and Mosley and remember he was a quitter. It's not okay to assume
sorry bud, forgot you were a youngun and don't really know much yet, lol.

Let me tell you, vargas would have crushed cotto. indubitably.

He was to tall, too strong, too tough. Your limited scope of Vargas doesn't mean that he actually was a quitter. That was at the end of his career, which was admittedly short because of his back problems, which, being young, you haven't experienced yet, but you will.

Look up tape of his fight with Winky and Bronco McKart. Those are two of his better fights with high level talent.

cotto, great fighter bud, but not on vargas' level.
Funny, you tell me not to assume, but isn't that what you did about vargas, based on a few of his fights?

hmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Damn Banky...little harsh no? :laugh:
was actually a joke. I tried to be overly wordy to convolute any semblance of coherency and confuse even more.

lol, sorry. :laugh:

was meant to get my point across in a funny manner that no real boxing fan that has ever watched cotto and vargas would ever pick the caguas crusher over vargas unless they were serious cotto fans and vastly overrrated him.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I seem to remember vargas going out on his shield against mosley or mayorga? i don't remember, but, he isn't a quitter.

I wish that if you were gonna play yourself off as a young guy who knows what he is talking about, you would actually, you know, know what you are talking about.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I definitely wouldn't call Vargas a quitter. He had the heart of a champion. Just watch the Tito fight. However all the talk of him being so strong and all that is a little false IMO, as he needed steroids to help him be that strong.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I definitely wouldn't call Vargas a quitter. He had the heart of a champion. Just watch the Tito fight. However all the talk of him being so strong and all that is a little false IMO, as he needed steroids to help him be that strong.
He tested positive for roids in how many fights? :facepalm:

By the time he got to Oscar he was already passed his prime due to back surgeries.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts