·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wins this one guys?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I have to go with Tito imo hes the bigger puncher and he would land that left hook since Cotto does get hit and that left hook would stop Cotto imo.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
tough call, but i'm going to go with cotto. he has more all around skills than tito, so i'd tab him as the winner. it's pretty much the same reason i got cotto beating margarito.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cotto isnt in his prime yet so we dont know. Dont we have a fantasy fights or history section here?

Do we have a broken DVD recorder section here?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I think we need to see Cotto in a couple more fights first but I'll vote him anyway.
I agree, Cotto has just now stepped his game up and is challenging the bigger names. We need to see how he performs and then compare.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Tito is massively underrated IMO. At 147/154 he was a deadly puncher with excellent boxing skills. He had a good jab, excellent timing, punching accuracy and hit amazingly hard. I haven't seen enough from Cotto yet to suggest he'd last 12 rounds with a prime Tito Trinidad.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Cotto would jab him to death and finish him to the body. But I could see Cotto tasting the Canvas before he finished Tito off.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Tito I was never a big fan but the guy had power,skill and desire to win. and those guys you can never count out.I think Tito at #147 in his prime walks down Floyd and stops him in 9 or 10 rounds remember what Castillo did and Tito is a much bigger guy with a much bigger punch.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Tito I was never a big fan but the guy had power,skill and desire to win. and those guys you can never count out.I think Tito at #147 in his prime walks down Floyd and stops him in 9 or 10 rounds remember what Castillo did and Tito is a much bigger guy with a much bigger punch.
I agree. Tito was just as skilled as Cotto IMO and had pure one-punch knockout power at 147. Most guys here will say Floyd would take Tito to school and base it around the fact that DLH was able to outbox him for a large period of their fight. But Tito-Floyd would be a completely different fight.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Tito looked alright in the opening rounds of the Jones fight aswell but just didn't have the power to trouble him at all. He was/is a fantastic boxer and it will be a shame if people forget how good he was based upon the end of his career.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
I agree. Tito was just as skilled as Cotto IMO and had pure one-punch knockout power at 147. Most guys here will say Floyd would take Tito to school and base it around the fact that DLH was able to outbox him for a large period of their fight. But Tito-Floyd would be a completely different fight.
hmmmm. tito can't fight going backwards(he never could), and cotto has shown the ability to do so. methinks that verifies that cotto is the better skilled fighter. i agree that a fight between floyd and tito would be much different than the dlh/tito fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Cotto couldn't outbox Tito for 12 rounds on the backfoot IMO. Cotto isn't hard to hit and is not afraid to trade with his opponents, both will lead to getting KTFO against Tito.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i beat that if Tito would of stayed walterweight right now he would of been undefieded! at 147/154 he had incredible power. He should of stayed in that weight class, he had no busyness moving up in weight like that. but Tito vs. Cotto in their prime i have to go with Tito, Cotto takes big shots to give big shots and i dont think he could of taken shots from tito... i mean, tito gave kos to middleweights. Do u think that if Cotto step up in weight tommorrow he can knock out Joppy with easyness.?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Tito couldn't make 147 anymore, its a miracle he still managed in 1999. I remember in the broadcast of his fight against Yori Boy Campas it mentioned he was in the gym shedding the last 3-4lbs on the morning of the fight.

After he lost to Hopkins he should have got his ass back down to 154 and stayed there for awhile, a rematch with DLH would have been ideal.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm rolling with Cotto. He is in his prime right now but is still improving. We haven't even seen the best of Cotto yet, and his chin is straight at 47.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Cotto couldn't outbox Tito for 12 rounds on the backfoot IMO. Cotto isn't hard to hit and is not afraid to trade with his opponents, both will lead to getting KTFO against Tito.
your right. he couldn't do it 12 rounds, and if cotto decided to sit and trade i'd pick tito by a landslide. i just don't think cotto will simply trade with tito just like i don't think he'll sit and trade with margy. cotto's a passionate fighter, but he doesn't let his emotions get the best of him.

the real question is who will land the harder nut shots:D

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
your right. he couldn't do it 12 rounds, and if cotto decided to sit and trade i'd pick tito by a landslide. i just don't think cotto will simply trade with tito just like i don't think he'll sit and trade with margy. cotto's a passionate fighter, but he doesn't let his emotions get the best of him.

the real question is who will land the harder nut shots:D
:laugh::laugh:

I personally think he can trade with Margy and still win the fight, although he'll make it alot more difficult for himself. But let's not even give Margarito the satisfaction of being mentioned in the same breath as Trinidad:laugh:

I see both Cotto & Tito hitting the canvas in this fight, however i just think Tito's power will be too much for Cotto. Even when Cotto boxes he isn't defensively good enough to stop Tito land solid shots IMO.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts