Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We saw the two battle it out at the end of their respective careers, but how would this fight look in their primes?

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I beleive Hopkins will win more by decision than a KO, but if Hopkins moved up to SMW to fight Cal, B-Hop would be too strong (since he's a natural LHW) and too smart for Calzaghe. This would not be an easy fight by any means but I see B-Hop winning this fight.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
It's hard to predict this one. Because Calzaghe wasted a lot of his prime years. So it's hard to guess how good he really was in his prime.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Joe Calzaghe is an overrated fighter with a blown up record. IMO literally smacking people's gloves and tapping them in the face doesn't count as punching. All that is is making a terrible show of boxing and giving the sport a bad name. What's worse is he acts like he is very talented and a great fighter after he beats an old Bernard Hopkins by a very boring and very disputed decision.

In his prime I can only imagine that Joe slapped faster. That's about it.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Joe Calzaghe is an overrated fighter with a blown up record. IMO literally smacking people's gloves and tapping them in the face doesn't count as punching. All that is is making a terrible show of boxing and giving the sport a bad name. What's worse is he acts like he is very talented and a great fighter after he beats an old Bernard Hopkins by a very boring and very disputed decision.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Hopkins was still P4P top 5 when he fought Calzaghe. I see that was conveniently left out :rolleyes: As for it being boring aren't most Hopkins fights boring ;)

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopkins was still P4P top 5 when he fought Calzaghe. I see that was conveniently left out :rolleyes: As for it being boring aren't most Hopkins fights boring ;)
Yeah no doubt Hopkins was still in the top 5 P4P but Hopkins is now 43 YEARS OLD LOL. He's not the same fighter compared to when he was 35 and 36. Hopkins would've beaten Cal at his prime. And I don't think B-Hop's fights are that boring, but I can see if others beleive they since majority of the boxing fans wants to see fights that are brutal that involves a KO. But I love the Hopkins fighting style and his defensive/ring saavy. The guy is a boxing genius.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Yeah no doubt Hopkins was still in the top 5 P4P but Hopkins is now 43 YEARS OLD LOL. He's not the same fighter compared to when he was 35 and 36. Hopkins would've beaten Cal at his prime. And I don't think B-Hop's fights are that boring, but I can see if others beleive they since majority of the boxing fans wants to see fights that are brutal that involves a KO. But I love the Hopkins fighting style and his defensive/ring saavy. The guy is a boxing genius.
I like to see brawls with some knockdowns and a KO, but I love fights without those as well - Mosley vs. Cotto an example. Hopkins fights are boring even by boring fights standards LOL :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like to see brawls with some knockdowns and a KO, but I love fights without those as well - Mosley vs. Cotto an example. Hopkins fights are boring even by boring fights standards LOL :laugh:
Well that's your opinion, I liked majority of Hopkins' fights except the Hopkins-Wright fight. But there's not that many fighters today that has mastered the "Sweet Science" like B-Hop. His fights are almost like a chessmatch, so I can see what your talking about...but they're not that boring in the way that you're saying it LOL

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Well that's your opinion, I liked majority of Hopkins' fights except the Hopkins-Wright fight. But there's not that many fighters today that has mastered the "Sweet Science" like B-Hop. His fights are almost like a chessmatch, so I can see what your talking about...but they're not that boring in the way that you're saying it LOL
I agree that you can't knock his achievements in the sport, but even I like my chessmatches more exciting LOL I'm so picky :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yes, but both of their fights are. At least Hopkins has finesse and hurts someone when he hits them. Calzaghe bitch slaps everyone into what he thinks is submission.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Yes, but both of their fights are. At least Hopkins has finesse and hurts someone when he hits them. Calzaghe bitch slaps everyone into what he thinks is submission.
I mean...B-Hop did look like he wasn't ready for Cal's power :laugh:

Mike Tyson-esque! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
339 Posts
In his prime, Calzaghe could throw before his hands got wrecked. I think it would be a very close fight, I have B-Hop SD but I think it would have been a very tight one.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I bet you have seen two of his fights tops:laugh: (probably only one)

Its hard to argue against Hopkins winning. Hopkins has the perfect to give Calzaghe fits.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I bet you have seen two of his fights tops:laugh: (probably only one)

Its hard to argue against Hopkins winning. Hopkins has the perfect to give Calzaghe fits.
I've seen his earlier fights and know that at one point he did hit hard at one point, but now all he does is bitch slap in high numbers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts