Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That guy was a modern day clown. What about Azuma Nelson or the great Salvador Sanchez?

Second thought, Sanchez was more of a volume puncher. Anyway he would have slaughtered that clown.

Let me think some more :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
OK here's one for ya. Sandy Sadler, 144 bouts, 103 KO's. Talk about before your time, but I wonder how these guys would fair with current day fighters. We know heavyweights are bigger and stronger, but weight limit guys are another story.

Wilfredo Gomez would be another one.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Rayman said:
OK here's one for ya. Sandy Sadler, 144 bouts, 103 KO's. Talk about before your time, but I wonder how these guys would fair with current day fighters. We know heavyweights are bigger and stronger, but weight limit guys are another story.

Wilfredo Gomez would be another one.

I was about to say Saddler should be a thought or mention, but you beat me to it. Saddler could hit like a truck for someone his size. He was actually pretty tall for a featherweight. I beleive he was 5'8 or 5'9.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys know how to read? i dont care what your oppinion is about him, i just want to know if you think he was the hardest hitting 122-126 pounder?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree 100%. Never has a guy so small got the leverage and power behind his punches the way he did. A couple of guys on this forum suggest Darchinyan hit harder:confused: i jus agreed to disagree there:laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fundamentally yes, but their punch p4p was no where close to princes. pacquiao may come the closest but only on the straight left, no one punches with th epower did with both hands from any angle.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Had Prince trained for the Barrera fight he may have won, but he really did no work before the fight. Many people around him said he had lost interest and hadnt trained properly for fights for a couple of years, but he managed to get by the rest because of his amazing power. Had he fully trained and stayed with Brendan Ingle he beats Barrera and goes onto fight Morales in what could have been one of the best fights of all-time.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
TysonJones said:
fundamentally yes, but their punch p4p was no where close to princes. pacquiao may come the closest but only on the straight left, no one punches with th epower did with both hands from any angle.

What about Julian Jackson? Jackson hit extrmemly hard P4P, and IMO harder than Hamed.

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
His power was a combination of leverage and speed. I'm inclined to say Arguello was the bigger puncher at Featherweight though. Alexis had sick power.

Poet

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
bill1234 said:
His right was devasting.
Oh yeah! He landed the right flush and it was goodnight Irene. Arguello easily makes my short list of all time favorite fighters. Classiest gentleman I ever saw in the ring too (Hamed could have learned something from Alexis).

Poet

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
poet682006 said:
Oh yeah! He landed the right flush and it was goodnight Irene. Arguello easily makes my short list of all time favorite fighters. Classiest gentleman I ever saw in the ring too (Hamed could have learned something from Alexis).

Poet

If Pryor wasn't juiced up on something in their first fight, that right that hit Pryor and knocked him down would have KO'd him.

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
bill1234 said:
If Pryor wasn't juiced up on something in their first fight, that right that hit Pryor and knocked him down would have KO'd him.
Panama Lewis has a lot to answer for. Has there ever been a bigger cheat among boxing trainers? Juicing Pryor was only one of his sins: Taking the padding out of his fighters gloves and nearly killing the opponent as a result. That's sick. If that man had died, in my mind, Lewis would have been guilty of murder.

Poet

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pryor wasnt juiced, the mixed drikn so to speak was simple water , they used it as a mental formula to hype and get pryor to believe he had something in him to help him. Nothing and i mean nothing given to you in the middle of a fight will help you win ( at least liquid form ). Even drinking to much water can hurt you. Julian jackson did hit harder than prince, but im talking about 122-126 pounds. and Prince hit harder than arguello at feathwerfight imo

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Pryor was juiced. No matter what mental aspect you have, it won't work if your out cold (unconcious). That would have knocked Pryor out cold if he wasn't juiced. The corner said that it was just water and all a mental thing, but they were lying. You expect them to tell the truth in a situation like that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts